iii. Dictionary Witches and All Those Chickens

(Quick A/N: would you guys like me to post a cast? I have face claims for most characters, so lmk if you'd like to see who I'd cast).

iii. Dictionary Witch and All Those Chickens

Butch was practically skipping around Camp Half-Blood as he showed his new sister around. She was still glowing with a rainbow aura, and when she questioned Butch on how long it would last he simply shrugged and said, "Don't really know. I'm sure it will be gone by tomorrow, though."

    Aurora was holding his hand tightly, glancing nervously at all the people they passed. Almost all of them were holding weapons - mostly swords, some bows and arrows, and one particularly large boy carrying a large hammer - and most of them gave her peculiar looks. Several people pointed to her and laughed, and she distinctly heard one boy mutter, "sissies," under his breath.

    "Why are they looking at me like that?" Aurora questioned, shrinking slightly as one particularly large girl gave her a vicious grin and eyed her like a predator eyes their prey. Butch glared at the older girl and said, "Beat it, Grace," and gave her a gesture that Aurora didn't understand, but gathered to be very rude based upon the girl's reaction and return of the gesture.

    Butch's smile faded a little, and he suddenly looked both very nervous and very disappointed and he asked, "Did you ever read Greek myths?"

    "Yeah," Aurora said, her voice raising to an interrogative towards the end, wondering why the boy was asking. "Sammy read them to me a lot."

    "Good," Butch said, nodding. "Well, do you remember the Olympians?"

    "Yeah," Aurora nodded. "There were twelve - Zeus and Hef-a-hef... the hammer one and... the other ones."

Butch chuckled and gave Aurora a small smile. "Zeus and Hephaestus. Anyway, there were twelve main gods," Butch motioned his arm in a sweeping arc, attracting her attention to the cabins all arranged in a 'U' shape around a common area the size of a basketball court filled with statues, basketball hoops, benches and the likes.

    "And the children of those twelve gods get a cabin to live in - the Aphrodite children live here—" Butch pointed towards a Cabin that reminded Aurora of a dollhouse her father had given her years back, "— and the Apollo children live there—" Butch pointed towards a Cabin made of solid gold that reflected sunlight at an angle that almost blinded Aurora right then and there, "and so on, and so forth."

    "Where do we live?" Aurora asked eagerly, looking for her cabin. She imagined the same style cabin as the others with rainbow columns and a bright white interior with a ceiling decorated like the summer sky with brilliant rainbows.

    "We live there," Butch pointed to the most... boring cabin to Aurora. It was the biggest, and the brown paint was peeling and flaking off it. It was in desperate need of a remodel. The one thing that gave it any character and changed it from being a boring old shake was the hanging sign painted with a large staff topped with wings that had two snakes entwining around it.

    "That doesn't look like a rainbow," Aurora crinkled her nose at the sight of the cabin. "So why do we live there? Can we repaint it? It looks gross."

    Butch sighed and said, "It's not our cabin."

Aurora frowned. "Why do we live there, then?"

    Butch's voice suddenly took on a bitter tone and he spat, "Because we're not important enough." Aurora's frown deepened and she looked up to her older brother and asked him for clarification. He sighed, his voice smoothing out and becoming kinder. "Our mother isn't a major god; she's not an Olympian. She's a minor god, so we don't get our own Cabin. We live with the Hermes children because their father is the patron of merchants, travelers, thieves, et cetera. Whenever an unclaimed child comes to camp, they live in the Hermes Cabin until they're claimed."