Puzzel Pieces

The Destroyer

It left as soon as it came. Things fallen off of shelves, are only shattered reminders of what had happened. And the fact that I am still on the floor, trying to catch my breath. The silence seems to loud and the sudden fall to the floor has given me a headache.

I remove my arms from over my head and try to sit on my knees, cautious of the glass. My eyes open up to Toriel already getting Ink back on the couch. I'm terrified of what has just happened, and I feel somewhat...guilty for feeling relieved that Ink had passed out. All I can hope is that it wasn't really him, and just some weird side effect of his missing soul.

I breathe out a puff of air, trying to regain my senses. But my thoughts seem to be as scattered as the broken glass on the floor. I start to stand, and that seems to get Toriel's attention. "Error, please be careful." She asks politely, her voice tightened by stress. I try to nod, but that sends my falling forward. But before Toriel could rush over to me, I hit the ground, on top of broken glass.

But it isn't the shards shredding through my arms that cause the pain, but my head. The same staggering pain that I get when I need to destroy, slices through my mind. It causes me to close my eyes, questioning everything in this very moment. But even if this is the same feeling, it can't be for the same reason. Ink hasn't created a new AU, how could he? I've been with him this whole time.

Unless...something is wrong with this universe.

"Error! Are you okay?" Toriel asks, trying to get to me without getting in the glass. I get back off the floor and walk over to her, glass crunching underneath my shoes. "I'm fine." I reply quickly, still trying to evaluate why my head is hurting. I can feel Toriel's eyes on my arm. But I brush off her gaze and just decide to pull out the pieces myself.

The destruction of my thoughts cloud over the pain, especially since my mind hurts worse. I hear the pieces of glass fall to the floor. If there isn't any new AU's could there be something wrong with the Multiverse? Or the original Universe? It would make sense with the mini earthquake. What if...?

I feel my soul being pulled, shifted, jerked. And in an instant I know what's wrong. And my face shows a reaction Toriel probably didn't want to see...fear. It's a twisted sense of figuring out a puzzle. No, not even an entire puzzle. I just was able to fit two pieces together. Two pieces that I wish didn't fit. I don't even know if I am even right about any of this.

All I truly know is that there is something wrong with the code, the code of the original universe.