CHAPTER - 2

The charity fundraiser party was in full swing at the Avengers' Tower. SHIELD agents, superheroes, celebrities and other famous people, all were there.

It was kind of overwhelming to witness one of Tony Stark's parties for the first time in your life.

Sipping your cocktail and generally engaging in small talk with fellow partiers, you tried your best to aptly socialize. It was a nice enough setting to enjoy yourself, but you couldn't.

A certain erstwhile villain was making your life hell.

His gaze was set on you. No matter where you decided to go, you felt him watching you. It was extremely unsettling and creepy. Yet, every time your eyes met across the room, jolts of arousal shot through you. And he'd smirk knowingly every damn time, forcing you to look away in shame.

You had been avoiding him since yesterday, when the 'episode' in the corridor happened. You had been convinced that there'd be security footage of that somewhere, and someone would come to you with charges of indecent behavior. But so far, nothing happened. You had a feeling that Loki had a lot to do with that.

He knew magic, after all, and no one was really sure of its true extent and power. There was talk about imposition of curbs on his magic, to ensure that it couldn't be used for destructive ventures, but again, no one you knew was certain of it.

What you certainly knew was that he had used it somehow to manipulate the surroundings while he had his way with you. Well... nearly had his way with you.

You grumbled to yourself... you wouldn't let the so called god of mischief affect you like that. It happened once, it wouldn't happen again. You had even decided to move to another apartment as soon as one was available.

The only reason you were stuck on the same floor as him was because the tower was packed full. Tony Stark even joked about building a new tower to adjust the new recruits. You wished he wasn't joking.

Someone touched your elbow and you started. You looked up to see that it was one of the SHIELD agents you were talking to earlier. He was good looking and charming, and you had tried to flirt with him a bit. But then your eyes had inadvertently landed on Loki, and the glare he had sent in your direction made you run to the other side of the party hall.

"Hey," the agent—Vincent—greeted you once again. "The dance floor seems to be heating up. Wanna have a go?"

You nodded, excited to note that he was interested in you. The evening looked more promising now.

As you hit the dance floor with Vincent, you momentarily forgot all about Loki and focused on enjoying yourself. Vincent was a decent dancer, and you were having a nice time swaying and bouncing with him to the beats of really fun music.

And then the slow music began, where you were pulled in by Vincent to have a grind against him. He was making his intentions quite obvious by now, and you were actually entertaining the idea of taking him to your apartment for the night.

A little fun in the sack didn't hurt anyone, right? You deserved it, as you handled a stressful job and had hardly seen any action recently. That was, not counting the action that was kind of foisted upon you by the god of mischief.

"Hey Vincent," you whispered in his ear as both of you slow danced together. "Would you... like to come up to my apartment?" The question didn't seem out of place, for the party was generally come to a wrap anyway.

Vincent's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. Needless to say, the dance floor was abandoned in a hurry.

Your eyes searched for any signs of Loki as you pulled Vincent towards the elevators. He was nowhere to be seen, which gave you a lot of relief. The last you saw of him, he was at Thor's side, looking sulky but resigned.