ii: the distant future

( kids + career )

star child:
• their first kid is a boy and they name him matthew. he is soft-spoken, affectionate, and when he loves, he loves only deeply. he gets hyperfixated on things, and when he does, his obsession with them borders on maniacal. sawyer jokes that he's just like his father in that aspect. except, matthew doesn't have a natural love for quidditch. he loves reading about dinosaurs and stars and messing around with paint and broken crayons and colour pencils. a long time ago, oliver thought he might have been disappointed, but he buys matthew art supplies unprompted and hangs all of his art on the walls. matthew is a ravenclaw.

• violet is matthew's god mother.

disaster child:
• three years later, they have a girl and her name is maxine—though she makes everyone call her 'max' instead because it "sounds cooler"—and she is a formidable force of backyard terrorism in her dirt-smeared ankles, wild hair as untameable as her restless spirit and bloody noses after falling off the roof when her mother tells her to stop climbing so high. she laughs in the face of danger. she can't sit still. she is the life of every party, her parents' cardiac arrest in the making, and matthew makes up 99% of her impulse control. oliver manages to get her into quidditch. 

• harry potter is named max's godfather. their kids go to school together. best friends max wood and james s. potter run a trading card black market amidst the student body since both of them have abundant access to trading cards with the faces of their parents (harry potter, the boy who lived; oliver wood, the best keeper in quidditch history; sawyer, a formidable beater) and their parents' friends.

• both max and matthew are oliver's pride and joy, albeit, in different ways, but pride and joy all the same.

• sawyer doesn't compare her children. she doesn't care that they're different. even though their antics get on her nerves from time to time, she never strikes them, nor does she make them feel inferior. sometimes her fear of becoming her own mother gets to her and she submits them for a psychological evaluation just to make sure she misses nothing that could be potential problems (a precaution, since her mother dismissed her dyslexia and borderline personality disorder, which went untreated for years). matthew's results are normal. maxine's report, however, comes back with interesting results.

• maxine has an underformed amygdala, which means she's got problems processing emotion, with emphasis on her natural fight or flight instincts, which means that she literally feels no fear. oliver laughed when he heard, made a joke about how she's a shoe-in for gryffindor, and high-fives his daughter. sawyer, on the other hand, knows this might prove to be a problem.

• and it does. max is reckless. she is happy-go-lucky, has no sense of commitment to anything that isn't thrill-seeking. she takes risks, never looks before leaping, and worst of all, she's an adrenaline junkie. she likes skateboarding, climbing all over the place, and jumping off the tops of the monkey bars. oliver worries she'll get herself killed, but buys her the latest broomstick of the newest edition anyway.

• at one point in time when they were very young, max and james sirius liked to pretend they were dinosaurs and ran around the house roaring at each other like tiny lunatics. max bit matthew so hard he cried and till this day he has a scar on his arm he tells everyone he got into a skateboarding accident instead of the truth, wherein his sister was just pretending to be a t-rex.

• uncle wyatt is a favourite. he is a physiotherapist, and most of his clients are famous quidditch players. sawyer is a regular.