Jack Hodgins x reader (edited)

This was requested by raincj I went back in and edited this Chapter because I realized I didn't put as much detail as I wanted so I hope this made it better!

As I walk into work I'm to lost in thought to see the worried looks my co-workers are giving me when I don't say hello or say good morning like I always do. Today I was just to distracted with my own worrisome thoughts. My boyfriend Dr. Jack Hodgins who works here with me has been ignoring me and I can't figure out why.

I don't even notice someone lightly leading me into a room and I don't notice them sitting me down on the couch. I only notice when someone worriedly puts there hand on my face. Instantly I thought it was him so I shook myself out of it but I was slightly disappointed to see that it was only my best friend Angela.

"Oh hey Ang. How did I get here?" I ask looking around trying to hide the disappointment that you could hear from me and most likely see it too.

"Sweetie I'm worried about you." She says sitting on the small coffee table in-front of the couch. She grabs my hand bringing my attention back to her. "Your not yourself lately.... talk to me y/n/n. You know I'm here for you."

I hesitated before I finally broke and told her everything on my mind. "It's Jack. He- he's been ignoring m-me and I don't know what I- i did to make him up-upset and I'm worried he's gonna.... break up with me." As I spoke my voice cracked occasionally causing me to stutter but those last four words had me sobbing. Imagining my life without him broke me. How was I going to handle it if it really happened?

"Oh sweetie," Angela said as she pulled me into a comforting hug. "I'm so sorry." She whispered as she continues to hold me. Before I knew it I promptly fell asleep on Angela's couch. And she didn't let a soul wake me because as she looked down at me she could tell I wasn't sleeping well and I also wasn't eating very well.

As I laid there my mind wandered into dream land where even then I continued to try and figure out what was going on with Jack and why he was ignoring me.

Time skip

It had been about a week and a half since I talked to Ang and things with Jack still hadn't gotten better. I was up on the platform looking over a few new pieces of evidence for the case when I saw Jack walking around swiftly.

"Jack!" I called and as usual there was no reply. I sighed as I slumped down in my chair going back to not talking At all. That was really all I did now. I did my work on silence barely ever saying a few words unless I had to.

The next day wasn't any different except I didn't try to call to him I just watched as he walked away. Or so I thought he did. I didn't notice one of my fellow workers at the Jeffersonian came over to me.

Third person p.o.v

"Hey Dr. y/l/n, why haven't been yourself recently? You and Hodgins break up or something?" He asked her. To him it was a joke but to her it made the worried feeling sink to deep. She began shaking and her mind was sent spinning. She had managed to keep it under control but that did it. Someone else saying it pushed her over the edge. Her breathing sped up and he looked at her wide eyed. What had he done wrong?

Unbeknownst to her Hodgins had been walking up to the platform and heard the man it confused him but her response made him feel extremely guilty.

"I-I... I don't know." She said quickly before promptly leaving the platform on the opposite set of stairs. Jack could tell she was freaking out he could sense it from the very way she moved. But he couldn't help but need to figure out what the man meant.

"What did you mean?!" Jack asks quickly to the man yelling slightly.

"I- I was just joking. I mean she's just been super stressed and hasn't been talking much.... or sleeping.... or eating. So I figured I'd ask. I was just joking about you two.... unless, did you?" He spits out but at the last bit he looks at Jack worried.