note + prologue

this book is dedicated to one of my top pdx101 pick (next to seobin, jinwoo & dongyun), keum donghyun mostly fluff, lots of puppy love, soft culture and of course, keumdong contents for fellow keumrangdans who miss him as much as i do hehe. i'm pretty sure that this book is going to be a flop but enjoy!!

 i'm pretty sure that this book is going to be a flop but enjoy!!

<<lower case intended>>
・゚: *・゚:*:・゚*:・゚

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
...
금동현, 황윤진
keum dong hyun, hwang yun jin

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

"there's a keum donghyun in our school?" hwang yunjin, a freshmen student at X academy asked, looking at a long list of names pinned at the board outside the general office.

her best friend, yoon bitna, snorted loudly.

"duh. everyone knows him for forming that keumvengers team. love shot was an amazing performance!" she scoffed.

embarrassed at how much of a caveman she must have sounded, yunjin regained her posture.

"i-i knew that! i...just forgot that for a split second!"

bitna narrowed her eyes at her. and then, yunjin hiccuped.

"as expected! the X academy's famous pinocchio can never lie. once you lie, your hiccups come exposing you again!" bitna teased.

yunjin glared at her and covered her mouth to stop the hiccuping. once she admitted that she really didn't know, it stopped.

"i don't even get the whole purpose of this pen-pal activity." bitna whined, crushing her a slip of paper with one hand.

"wait, so do we write them letters or what?" yunjin questioned, confused.

kim minkyu, the head of the student council at x academy, walked up to them with a bright smile.

"of course. every year, the annual pen pal activity will take place to encourage students to connect more through letter writing instead of always using text messaging. this would also be a good way for the A-X students to bond!" he explained cheerfully.

the two watched as he bowed and strolled off to the hallway of the classrooms, greeting everyone politely and making sure the students were prim and proper as usual.

"as expected of X class kim minkyu. he's smart, tall, handsome, hardworking...just perfect!" bitna gushed.

yunjin blushed. ever since her first day at X academy, she had already fallen head over heels for the handsome student leader.

"if only i got minkyu as my pen pal, i'd write a thousand letters to put in his locker every day!"

"who are you assigned to?" she asked, trying to find bitna's name in the list of over hundreds of students.

"who else?" bitna sighed. "your brother's best friend."

"and who could that be? he has like, hundreds of 'em."

"cha junho, our class's top visual."

"i ship! i ship!" yunjin teased.

the two best friends playfully hit each other and continued laughing while walking back to their classroom.

once school was over, yunjin started to write her first letter to him. accompanied by bitna, she looked around for donghyun's locker and then dropped her letter inside.

***
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
C class: 황윤진
hwang yun jin :D
open & enjoy!!
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

"hyung, look! the pinocchio wrote to me already! " donghyun exclaimed, waving the pink envelope.

hwang yunseong was busy digging through his locker. once he finally found the textbook he was hunting for, he looked up at donghyun.

"heol, that was quick. she never handed in homework so punctually before. guess she's super enthusiastic about this pen pal activity!" yunseong repeated, his face looking amused.

"your sister seems really cute." donghyun remarked.

"yeah, yeah. but good luck in trying to read though, her penmanship is notorious in the C class." yunseong joked.

donghyun looked at the envelope and smiled. what a unique handwriting!

"who are you with, hyung?" he asked.

"the school's most loved. top-tier visual and ace student, kim minkyu." yunseong announced.

donghyun laughed and agreed. then, he carefully opened the envelope. inside it was a folded pink paper with an entire paragraph written with stickers pasted around it as a border.

as he reached home, he headed to his room and slowly read the letter.

┏  
dear keum donghyun,

is this how it even works? anyway, let me introduce myself first. my name is hwang yunjin from class C. i have one older brother, hwang yunseong, and he's really annoying but wow, he's a really talented dancer. my favorite subject is probably history? i don't know. also, i'm pretty sure you know me as the famous pincchio freshmen student at X academy because of my stupid hiccups when i lie. it's embarrassing. anyway, hope that we can be great pen pals in the future! write back soon! (p.s. we're the same age, that is so cool hahaha '03 liners ftw!!) okay
bye bye! :D

sincerely,
hwang yunjin

"very cute!" he exclaimed.

・゚: *・゚:*:・゚*:・゚