Chapter Four

Just for a heads up when Nightmare talks like THIS he is in Puppets mind but his speech is normal otherwise.

"He's here Shadow....... and he's in my head,"

After Nightmare's little trick we had rushed up into the main room to see James rushing around and the gang peeking out of windows trying to spot whoever had made themselves very much known, a dark laughing began to fill the woods around the house as the sun set behind the mountains.

"Everyone I was you to stay close to Shadow Freddy, it's me Nightmare wants but I'm not letting you get involved should her try to take me by force, Shadow Freddy the moment a fight breaks out you get everyone out of here and don't look back, if I get out I will find you all later," I ordered, despite their wants to protest now was not the time. Taking a deep breath I left the lodge with everyone close behind, I felt myself mentally shudder when I noticed the large and always terrifying Nightmare with the slightly smaller but far more disturbing Springtrap by his side.

"Well well well, I didn't expect to see all of you leave that building, either way you know exactly what I'm here for, don't you Puppet," Nightmare chuckled, I felt hopeful eyes lock onto me as I took a step forwards.

"I'm not coming with you Nightmare, nor will I grant you the satisfaction of using me like a power battery for your own amusement," I growled bluntly, this only caused the large demonic black bear to laugh.

"You never fail to impress me with how much resistance you give me, no matter, all it takes now is a simple lens of extra power and someone is going to do the dirty work for me," Nightmare mused, I felt my heart sink as eyes turned back to me yet again this time questioningly.

"I'm not going anywhere Nightmare," I snarled knowing he was going to make this a little game, rolling his eyes Nightmare muttered something under his breath and I felt pain flood my body. Tensing up in pain I collapsed to my knees gripping my side with one arm while using the other to keep me from falling over completely, looking up I glared at Nightmare despite my agonising pain. With a smirk he began to inch closer causing the pain to worsen greatly, squeezing my eyes shut I tried to block it out but nothing seemed to work.

"Give in Puppet, it's only a matter of time before that little handy work done by Springtrap causes you to kill them all, Oh whoops, did I say too much?" Nightmare sneered darkly, glancing sideways I noticed Shadow Freddy inching the others away as they watched on confused and scared. Feeling began to evade my body and I felt it shifting and changing which caused me to start to panic, collapsing fully I began to writhe in pain as I tried to stop the transformation. Screams of anger and confusion could be heard but I couldn't make out a single word, finally my body gave in as it melted free from its original shell and into its newer more dangerous form. Everything was silent as I stood, with blood red eyes I stared directly into the terrified ones of those I called friends. With a blood curdling screech I lunged hungry for power after I had used so much fighting the shift, having no control over myself only made things worse. Instead of colliding with a group of horrified animatronics I collided with the cold snow covered ground, looking around I mentally thanked Shadow Freddy even if I couldn't control myself I could still think and feel but it did nothing to my Nightmare phase's control or mind concept. Turning to face a smirking Nightmare I began to approach, when I stood only a meter away did I stop.

"Are you ready to consider me your leader or must I do some convincing?" Nightmare grumbled, with a screech I lashed out missing him by inches as he teleported to the side. With a disappointed sigh he used his own power to subdue my Nightmare Phase into submission, with a snarl I looked up at him from where I knelt.

"Spare me your feeble attempts to over power me when you are so fresh, now I'm sure you know the name of your Nightmare Phase my dear Puppet, you might find it could possibly help you in the long run, now I am done playing with you for now, shift back and go find those pathetic friends, I'm sure they have many questions for you," Nightmare chuckled, with a screech I began to break and shift back to my original form. Exhausted I made a rash attempt at teleporting and ended up near a cave where I collapsed, my Nightmare Phase had drained my of so much energy as everything faded to black.

****************************************************************************************************************

The sense of movement around me caused me to stir, last thing I properly remember was collapsing at the entrance of a cave after a desperate means to escape Nightmare. Blinking my vision clear of what sleep I had I noticed I was not in the snow or near a cave but in an abandoned factory of sorts, looking around from where I sat against a wall I noticed many stacks of crates and machines all of which were broken or rusted. With a grunt I helped myself stand using a nearby crate, looking around properly I noticed I was very much alone. Attempting to walk forward I coiled back in a hiss of pain, looking down at my wounded side I noticed it had reopened during my transformation. The sound of heavy footsteps caused me to stand tall and look around again, the feeling of being watched began to eat away at the edge of my mind. Creating a soft white glowing flame in my hand I began to walk forwards, I had to get out of here and find the others before something happened to them.

"Long time no see...... Puppet..."