Chapter 8: Nevermore passng by

After school Angie had taken me in as a house guest. That was one way I looked at it. As soon as I "came home" Angie left almost immediately. It wasn't a work call want anything important she just set some of her belongs down and left. In a bit of a hurry to say the least. Before Angie left she told me to make myself at home. Easier said than done. I didn't have much with me only my backpack and clothes I had on. Thankfully it was a Friday otherwise clothes would be a issue.
This will be my new home. I have mix feelings about this, but who would take the time out of their day to give a shit.
Funny I guess only one person does.
Half an hour passed and Angie came back with some groceries. Honestly I didn't do much exploring except set my pack down by the front door.
It was a small two story house the main living room when you walked in directly to right of it was the kitchen, from the kitchen was another living room?
Okay. The living room one stretched further back with three door ways one was a bathroom downstairs a closet spar bed room. Which followed a stair case to the second floor.
The house seemed pretty plain maybe to give the false impression a person has money to spend on fancy furniture.
Angie told me she was going to make dinner for the both of us. My first home cooked meal in a while. I just managed with school food and whatever they served at the cafeteria at Demois.
Honestly it was awkward as Angie cooked I just waited quietly. Angie was figuring me out as time went on. I keep to myself when I'm around strangers not talkative unless talked to.
It's okay she told me right now I just need time.

The morning seemed a bit stalkerish it creeped up behind me without so much of a thought. Being able to sleep on a comforting bed instead of a bed that felt like a piece of wood.
It hurts more to let the past repeat itself. Then am I holding myself back? Am I just...maybe I'm just over complicating things.
I made my way downstairs, the welcome comfort of a lonely house once again. A wall clock click click echoed in the house. Even if I did move somewhere else it's still the same for me. Walking into the kitchen a note was sitting on top of four Abraham Lincoln.

~I know you just got here and I could take you out to see the area on the weekend. So I left you some money to do a little exploring yourself. I'll let Lilith know to send all your belonging here so don't worry about that. If you need to get back in the house just go through the garage door, the password is very simple~
-Angie

Something wanted me to just leave the money, but another part of my grumbled of starvation. How can I think of food at a time like this. If I recall correctly there was a near by cafe just a few blocks away. Better put my cheveylegs to work.
Walking out of the house locking the door behind me, I looked out at the day. How quite, peaceful it was. As if Gekko never happened as if I never transferred schools. The wind feels so nice. It a nice soothing feeling instead of a forced breezed that pushed at your back sweeping off your feet.
While I was safe inside a cockpit of a Vrave other hid in fear thinking they were going to die a second later. Having a gust of wind blow at their back, debris crushing them alive. Or a beam weapon evaporating them.
I see what Angie was saying. Just thinking about how fortunate I was hurts I'm sure others that survived feels the same way. But they have to keep moving forward making sure they live life to the fullest for those that couldn't. What's this? Why am I get so emotional about something so stupid. It was because of something to simple I remember that day like it was only yesterday. I can't let it go so easily. Ivan that bastard! He'll pay for killing Koko in cold blood.
But where do I start? How do I even get to the starting line to make sure my on my way to my goal a reality?
My train of thought had me running around in circles before I knew it I was in front of the Cafe. Cafe Ruby.
The bells on top of the door jingled the shop seemed a little dead this morning it looked like any normal dinner, but with a French theme in mind. A place to relax unwind sip tea drink coffee. Something to do on a weekend.
I took up a seat near the entrance a window seat, already there was a menu waiting for me. I wasn't much of a guy who did this kind of stuff but since I was going to explore a little bit today I might as well enjoy it with the twenty bucks I have now. Looking up and down left and right front and back just trying to understand what I'm trying to order.
"Hi, are you ready to order or are you going to need a few more minutes an analyze the menu." A waitress spoke up, her voice was clear as crystal sweet to the ear and soothing like the wind brushing against you face on a mid April day. Lifting up my head towards the waitress who didn't look any older than me. Her uniform consisted of a white long sleeve button up collar with long black jean and black dress shoes that was covered over by a black apron. My eyes were caught by her brown honey hazel eyes, healthy tan skin and beautiful black hair that hung over her shoulder just nearly passing her chest, "hello are you listening?" She laughed which broke me out of my clueless mindset.
"Da, right sorry I'm just trying to order...ahh," I was making an ass of myself she couldnt help but laugh.
"It's okay I'll come back in a few minutes if you need me to. You're my first of the day so it's not like a flock of people will be rushing in. Right"
"R-right, actually I've made up my mind. I'll have this." I pointed towards a tea item, "the Qualia passion tea."
"Wow, nice choice. And I'm not just saying that. Not a lot of people can enjoy class."
She jotted my drink on her notepad before walking away she turned around, "do you mind if you take a seat up front? I mean it's up to you."
I don't even know her name? Why am I feeling bashful right now? Okay okay I gotta get my head on straight. It just a drink...which I forgot to order something to eat...shit!
"Something troubling you?" She asked. I pulled up a seat closer to the front of the store. Something troubling me?
"Is it that obvious? I thought I had a pretty good poker face.." i instantly replied with a some What confident joke.
"If your poker face is constant doom and gloom. Then you might wanna stay away from the big leagues. Spill it I'm all yours for the time being."
"Well. It's just something a close friend of my sister said. It hurts to think about the past it hurts more to let the past repeat itself."
"Your friend sounds wise. I can't seem to relate to something like that. They sound as if they had experienced many things good and bad. Almost like they had a spirit that was indomitable. I can only guess that you're doom and gloom about something that happen and they just need to give you a pep talk. I see where they were going with this." Here this random stranger who's making my drink, humoring me with small talk. Pep talk was that it? No it could have been? "Hey deep thinker I'm still here. You shouldn't be so gloomy all the time. Try smiling. Heck you never know who might fall in love with your smile."
"W-What?" I stuttered looking that her, her smile was so pure innocent to eye sight. She slid my tea towards me, "can I ask for your name."
"My name? it's Carolina Yuliana. Can I ask yours? is it first name doom last name gloom?"
"Kiraa Links. I just moved here in this area." I wasn't much of a horse whisper.
"Mr. Links, I hope you enjoy the tea." Carolina said before smiling off into the back room.
Maybe what Carolina said might be true. Sure she doesn't know Angie nor do I. Angie had gone through a lot. A body weak and breakable, but Lilith became a light that shined for Angie. From Angie a light shines in her making her spirit this indomitable force.
Lifting the fresh brewed tea to my lips I enjoyed the aroma before it even touched my lips.
Ah! Sonofva-!!!
Carolina Yuliana, She seems like an interesting girl. Not the type to give me some pep talk. That said, I can't lie to myself and say everything is going to be okay after all of this. I didn't have my family die like Angie. I'm not in the military like her ether. Though I can see myself wanting to protect in any way shape or form. I'm at that age where I can talk to recruiters, but I don't want to twiddle my thumbs around waiting for a chance.
This pendant mom gave me has some secrets to it, and if I still with Demois long enough I might find some answers which might lead me to crossing paths with Col- I mean Ivan. So much for a pep talk now I'm wanting to put my life My only life on the line for others. People that are going to reluctantly thank me or not. They will never know who I am or the sacrifices I'll take. I shouldn't look at it like that. Then how should I look at it.
Talking to myself on one subject could feel like an internal debate with foreign leaders all around the world for peace.
I pulled out my wallet setting an Abraham underneath the small tea plate. I don't think Carolina is coming out from the back. Maybe going out wasn't such a bad thing after all.
Hopping off the chair I strolled my way to the exit. I didn't walk every far until the whole room looked burry everything turned upside down a throbbing pain feeling like someone with stabbing the side of my head with push pins erupted.
Did Carolina spike my drink? No I was watch her the whole time. But I didn't turn away for a brief moment?
It hurts! I dropped to my knees transitioning to laying flat on the floor.
"Who?!- Kiraa! Wants wrong!?!" I couldn't hear Yuliana. Her voice ended up being loud beeps that dragged on. If I just shut my eyes maybe I'll feel a little better just for a few minutes.
*******************************