twenty six

hyunjin

the stars were glittering, the fairy lights twinkling, the waves lulling, the music blaring, and the campfire crackling (this time chan had only burned himself five times while lighting it so he was improving).
everything was perfect.

hyunjin tried to convince himself of this as he nervously ran his hand through his hair. despite how people usually perceived him, he was actually incredibly shy and self-conscious, especially when meeting people for the first time. he had learnt how to play it cool, to give off an air of confidence and self-assurance, but he was still quick to overthink every situation, making everything much harder for himself.

he particularly didn't want to mess up tonight. he wanted jaemin to like him, to think that he was worthy of interest. he still wasn't sure why someone as attractive as jaemin would ever give him the time of day, but he was determined to prove to the other boy how much he valued him.

"hey, hwang, make yourself useful."

chan shoved a pile of cushions at hyunjin, who, happy to have a task to distract himself from his nerves, began laying them out around the campfire. as he did so he heard the sound of familiar voices approaching.

"psst, babe, imma do it."

"ok but I'm filming this, jiji"

a (super hot) boy walked over to them, with (amazing fantastic showstopping never the same totally unique) midnight blue hair and the kind of grin on his face you have when you're about to do something stupid.

he turned back to wink at boy with dark-blonde hair behind him, who was holding up his phone and giggling.

"this is how I enter my house:
WHAT'S UP FUCKERS"

dodging a hail of marshmallows from a cringing chan, jisung danced back into minho's arms, laughing like a loon.
his boyfriend smiled at him fondly, and gave him a high-five.

"that was iconic babe"

"comme toujours my dude."

they went in for a kiss, both still smiling. what started off cute quickly became heated, and poor hyunjin and chan were completely forgotten. eventually hyunjin coughed, obnoxiously.

jisung looked over minho's shoulder and seemed surprised to see the others still here.

"oh, hey chingoos. didn't, ahem, see you there."

chan looked disgusted.

"that's not surprising seeing as you were chewing minho's face off."

jisung smirked, and ran his hand along his boyfriend's arm.

"he loves it, don't you hun?"

the older boy leant forward so that their foreheads were touching, looking intently into jisung's eyes.

"I love you."

aaand they were making out again.

hyunjin rolled his eyes.