N I N E : M I S S I O N

A/N: So thoughts on last couple of chapters? Tell me, were you irritated? ;P

Sorry to say but more irritation up ahead. Haha

Remember to vote and comment <3

———
N I N E : M I S S I O N

I've been doing mostly recon on my next target lately since my brother hasn't been keeping me busy with his own self glorifying expeditions.

This particular target I heard about through a girl that reached out to the Black Cat for help. Her sister had gone missing about two weeks ago and when she went to the police they claimed she was just a runaway. She didn't believe that, explaining her sister had no reason to. She claims her sister was picked up by someone for the local sex trafficking organization. I looked into it and found out that the man in charge is actually a leader for one of the local demon clans. I usually don't go for clans but this guy is a special case.

Anyone who can take a teenage girl from her home and turn her into a tool for men's self-gratification deserves worse than death. And that's what I plan on giving him once I get my hands on him.

I already have my plan mapped out and I know this will be a tough one to handle on my own, but it has to be done. I figure I'll call Jared Norvak at the LAPD and give him the heads up. He can thank me later when I get this scum and his organization off the streets.

I gather my equipment, readying myself for the call. I don't know why I don't let him listen to my real voice yet. It's not like he's going to rat me out to anyone. He still owes me for what I did for his pack. But I just don't want this coming back on me or getting him in trouble if my brother finds out what I've been up to. I know I've been signing my own death warrant lately, but something has to be done. He's out of control and at this point I'm sure he just wants to see the world burn.

When I make the call it rings a few times before I hear the familiar Scottish accent on the other line.
"Hello? Detective Jared Norvak speaking," he announces with a booming voice, making sure the person on the other line can clearly hear him.

"Well hello Detective, this is the Black Cat. I was calling to give you a heads up on a case I've been working on," I speak into the microphone of the voice changing device.

"Oh Hey, well thanks for the heads up. Can I be of any help? I still owe you big for what you did. Plus it's not safe for you to be doing all of this on your own. You're going to end up getting yourself killed," he offers kindly. I can't help but smile at the fact he's worried about me. Apparently I have a big fan.

"Actually, that would be great if you did. It's a pretty big job, meaning it's really important to me so I can't chance messing this up. Only thing I ask of you is to not get in the way of my main goal," I order him. This has to be done and I've put too much time and effort into this.

"Of course. What is the target and where are we doing this?" he asks with enthusiasm.

I give him the details of the mission and what I need him to do. I basically need him to keep the targets henchmen preoccupied while I take him out. I don't go into detail about why I've got my eyes on this particular target. He can find out once I get the information I need and free the captured girls.

When I get off the phone I look over at Skye who's been listening intently. She smiles at me and shakes her head. "Well this is different. Taking help now are we? From a werewolf no doubt! Be careful Katarina. You can't use your powers tonight. That'll tell Jason who's behind all of this and anyone who's looking for the Black Cat, that she has a weakness," she warns me with a furrowed brow.

"I know sweetie. I'll be fine. I trust Jared. He hasn't given me a reason not to. He could be hunting me down right now as we speak to bring me in but he hasn't. He's allowed me to do the job I've needed to, to put an end to all of this," I smile down at her as I wrap my arm around her shoulder. I kiss the top of her head and lay my cheek on it. She giggles under my hold and wraps her arms around my waist.

After my short embrace with Skye, I decide it's time to get dressed in my missions attire and make sure I've got everything ready to go. As I open up the armoire, I put on my outfit and my gear. I grab my weapons and put them in their proper places. Finally, I reach up and grab the dual blades from their place and slide them into their holster on my lower back. I take one last glance at my reflection before placing the black cat like mask over my eyes and pulling the hood low on my head.

Skye wishes me good luck as I make my way up the fire escape outside and onto the roof of the building. I begin my run towards where I need to be, feeling the wind blow through my hair and fill my lungs. I jump over the gaps between the buildings and flip over obstacles, parkour-ing my way on the rooftops.

Once I get as far away from the loft as I need to be so I can't be traced, I hold my hand out and feel as the power within me release through my finger tips. There's a bright green light that leaves them and creates a circle in mid air. The center is dark, leading into nothingness. I think of where I need to be and walk through the portal. I know I'm not suppose to be using my powers but this is much quicker than using a vehicle since I'm short on time.

When I open my eyes, I'm on top of a building that's across from the one I need to be in. I crouch down as I look at the busy street below me. There's a long line that's leading into the building of mostly young women, dressed in their best partying attire as they anxiously wait to enter the nightclub. I scoff at the irony of that. I wonder how many of these women would get abducted if I don't put an end to this? These girls are here to have fun and could end up leaving with an abductor, not knowing that it's their last moment of freedom.

Once I run through my plan one last time in my head, I scale my way down the side of the building I'm perched on. As I jump down from the fire escape and my boots hit the concrete, I walk my way across the street towards the side entrance of the club, hiding in the shadows. There's a man standing guard and I quickly knock him out and take his key card to enter the building.

When I step inside the music is loud and I adjust my hood on my head to securely hide my face. If someone sees me wearing this mask, they'll know I'm up to no good. I walk down the hallway to the main section of the club and that's when I spot him. My mark. He's sitting at a V.I.P couch with champagne in one hand and a young girl curled up to him. She doesn't look barely over eighteen.

I watch him in the shadows as he stands up and walks with the girl towards an employee elevator. I walk over towards the elevator and watch the screen above it to see what floor he stops on. Floor three. Must be where they abduct the girls at. I would think if he was taking her to have a good time, he'd take her to the pent house on the sixth floor.

When I turn around to make my way to the stair well, I notice Jared Norvak walk in. He's got three men with him but I pay no attention to them. I'm on a mission and I don't have time for introductions.

As if he can sense my presence, Jared looks up and we lock eyes. We nod to each other, a silent understanding of the plan we discussed earlier.

I notice him elbow the taller of the three and he looks up to where Jared is pointing. I don't stick around to lock eyes with him as I quickly barge through the stairwell door and make my ascent to the third floor. Where my target awaits me.

Oh this is going to be so fulfilling.