𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊: 𝖒𝖆𝖒𝖆 𝖘𝖆𝖎𝖉 𝖐𝖓𝖔𝖈𝖐 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖔𝖚𝖙

Dominique sat in class, awaiting for all of the teenagers to pile in so class could begin

Dominique sat in class, awaiting for all of the teenagers to pile in so class could begin. She was so ready to go home and annoy her boyfriend to death, but sadly, the day had just begun. She swore to God that time went slower when she was in school. Dom was exhausted due to the events of the previous day. On the second Sunday of every month, Dominique and her family received blessing from a Haitian mambo straight from New Orleans. A mambo was a female voodoo priestess. To say it was weird was an understatement, but hey, I'm not downing anyone's religion. Anyway, it was like a holy day for them. Dom wasn't allowed to see her friends on this one particular day of the month. She was meant to spend her time inside, with her family, where bad spirits could not get to them.

They kept the windows open in belief that the bad spirits would be forced out after a person was cleansed by various herbs and blessings. Dominique dressed in all white, making sure that her head was covered. She had braided her hair back into cornrows and a veil type piece of material covered her hair. She had on a long sleeve loose linen dress that went to the ground. Anyway, back to the flashback. The ritual was over and the mambo was sent on her way, but Dom still had to stay inside. It was dark outside and she was bored so she decided to talk to Fezco on the phone. "What are you doing?" She asked, walking out of the kitchen and heading towards the stairs. "Standing at your front door" He responded. Dominique froze, looking at the large white door as if she could see him through it.

"No, you're not" She hoped. "You want me to ring the doorbell or-" She cut him off. "Do not ring the doorbell!" Dominique whisper yelled into the phone before hanging up. She walked to the front door, placing her phone on the table adjacent to it. Dom made sure that her parents were occupied in the living room before quietly opening the door and stepping out. "What are you doing here?! They shouldn't have even let you through the front gate" She whisper yelled once again, pushing Fez back down the steps. "I was tryna see if you wanted to go eat but you wasn't answering the phone. And what 'da hell are you wearing?" He asked, looking down at her clothes. "It's the second Sunday of the month, Fez" Dom said, peeking through the window to make sure they hadn't gained the attention of her parents or Poté.

"Oh shit, it's y'all Holy Day or whatever. I forgot" Fez said honestly. "You gotta get out of here before my Mom kills the both of us. Like now! I'll see you tomorrow" She turned and ran back up the stairs to sneak back in the house. Dominique opened the door but then turned back to Fez. She ran down the stairs and planted a big kiss on his lips. "Love you" Dom said before running back in the house. "Love you, too" He responded but the door was already closed.  So in conclusion, that's why Dominique was tired. She sat in the class, picking at her nails until Maddy came in. She looked emo as fuck. Maddy was wearing a black hoodie over a thick blue sweater with sunglasses on. She took a seat next to Dom who sat a few rows from the back of the classroom.

"Yo, are you ok? I haven't seen you cover up this much skin, like, ever" Dominique said as Maddy put her backpack on the back of her chair. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just on my period" Maddy insisted. Dom knew that wasn't the truth but she didn't push any further. "Okay" She said, turning her attention to the front of the classroom. Once everyone was in, Ms. Donavan began to pass out a two-sided worksheet for them to work on. Maddy, who clearly looked like she was overheating, spoke up as the teacher made it back to Dom's row. "Is the air conditioner, like, not working?" She asked. "It's broken. You could always take off your hoodie" Ms. Donavan responded, moving past her. Maddy looked stressed as hell but would not take off the hoodie. She wouldn't even pull the hood down.