RESETTING MY GOALS AND MINDSET

Today ill be sharing with you about my new goals, my current mindset and how I actually feel about this entire #100-day challenge process. My initial goal was to lose around 5-7 KG, and now Ive lost a total of 5KG. Im maintaining my weight at around 46.5KG. Which is a healthy weight for me.

At the beginning, my method to lose weight was to adopt to a healthy lifestyle. This includes eating healthier food, eating at a certain time, and practicing mindful eating habits. And therefore, with all this practice in hand, in 2 months I lost 5KG. I often thought to myself: ah after losing weight, I can finally get back to eating normal (local) food and be fit like previously, and that I no longer need to worry about weight anymore.

Well the bad news now is that after losing 5KG, my worries for weight, struggles did not disappear just like how my fats did. The more weight i lost, the more i lost track. I didnt focus on a healthy lifestyle. I focused more on appearance. I worry about the numbers on the scale and Im getting even more impatient. I want to get the defined abs and get slimmer thighs. I crave to see faster results. I lack patience.

Recently I havent been seeing any changes. It feels like Im not progressing. The numbers arent decreasing and Im overthinking again. It has been quite a while that Ive been keeping these thoughts in my head. And today is the day I feel like I had enough, and that its time to reflect and set a new mindset and lifestyle.

We all need a new mindset to face the new struggles we face every single day. As we progress, our mindset must change in order to be able to keep up with the changes in our body. Now that Im fitter, I have new struggles such as: how do I maintain my weight? Whats my new goal? What should I eat, and should I continue fasting? These are some questions that has been popping in my head, and its time to clear those questions and get on with life.

HOW DO I MAINTAIN MY WEIGHT?

Maintaining weight physically isnt a problem for me. Its the thoughts in my head that messes with me. For every meal that I eat outside, I would estimate the calories, reflect on how unhealthy it is (my perception of outside food), and focus a lot on my stomach. (bloating, appearance stuff) After eating outside food, the next day I would weigh myself to see if I gained any weight. this is really unhealthy because if I continue with this mindset that outside food are all unhealthy, ill never be satisfied with what I eat. With school and work I cant possibly cook at home for all my meals.

My solution to this, is to learn and understand that not all outside food are unhealthy, I need food to give me energy for the day, so its normal to consume them in a controlled portion. I must understand the fact that bloating is temporary and that itll go away, so I shouldnt spend my time worrying about something that wouldnt affect me in the next five years. I need to change my perception of outside food, that they are not entirely unhealthy, they are just NORMAL. Between unhealthy and healthy. Hopeful with this way of thinking I can be more satisfied with what I eat and feel much happier.

WHATS MY NEW GOAL?

This is something that I have been thinking for REAL LONG after losing some weight. How far more should I lose? Some goals that I have came up with are: 1) losing till 46.0KG so that maybe I can see more defined curves just like the girl on YouTube. 2) just maintain my weight and eat normally. 3) lose 1kg more (45.5KG)

The 1) goal was part of my initial plan. After watching this youtuber that lost weight till 46.0KG, she showed her how her body looked like at 46.0KG, and I was like DAMN I want to get that body too. This got me thinking that losing weight till 46.0KG would show me the results I wanted. but at the weight of 46.2KG. which is 0.2KG apart from 46.0KG, I saw that my body was far away from what that youtuber had. It got me thinking that why isnt results coming out? Am I doing something wrong?

Comparing my body and her body is a huge mistake. I shouldnt compare my body with others, because our bodies are different. Our shapes are different, how our body reacts to losing weight are different, how our body lose weight during the process are different as well. Therefore, I shouldnt compare myself with others, hoping to see the same results. Also, my purpose of losing weight isnt to be LOOKING like her, it is to be the best VERSION of myself. I have to constantly remind myself Im doing this for me and that my body is different so dont compare results.

For goal number 2), I wanted to maintain my weight at 46.5kg ish. I wanted to keep at this weight and stop worrying so much about my weight. But what stops me is that I want to get defined abs, slimmer thighs. And this means I have to lose more fat. Therefore, maintaining weight would be temporary. Ill maintain at this weight for about a week or so, and ill try to make changes to the last 2 weeks of 100 days challenge so that Im losing weight healthily and steadily.

Goal number 3) would probably be the best option for now. Although Im not sure how I would feel like when Im at 45.5KG, but ill like to give it a try. 45.5KG would be the lowest ill go. For myself. Once I feel like my goals are achieved, Ill continue to maintain this weight.

For someone like me that likes to create new goals and complicate myself, being firm at 45.5KG would definitely reduce the chaos thats in my head.

WHAT SHOULD I EAT?

NOW, this is something I worry A LOT about. Just like Ive said, the perception of outside food. Currently Im eating everything in moderation. All types of food. Still trying to change my perception of outside food. If Im outside, then Ill eat outside food but in controlled portion. If Im at home, ill cook. Yes, thats it. Settled. Same old food Ill cook.

SHOULD I CONTINUE FASTING?

Yes! Im going to continue fasting, I feel like its a lifestyle. Eating at certain time period helps me to not think about food 24/7. If Im aiming to lose weight, 20:4 would be the one for me. If Im maintaining my weight, 18:6 would be the one for me. The main thing is to be active all day, and also exercising at least 3 times per week.

These are my goals for the rest of the 100 days challenge! And the new mindset I would adapt to. I would like to share a few encouraging words from this book I read, EAT MOVE THINK by SHAUN FRANCIS:

It turns out that some people who stop focusing on their weight and concentrate on getting healthy actually end up losing weight in the process.

Rather than obsessing about your weight, you try listening to your bodys cues of appetite and fullness. Transfer the energy once devoted to losing weight into developing a healthy relationship with food, higher self-esteem, and exercising for the joy of it.

In conclusion, Im going to focus more on how I feel instead of how I look. Stop worrying about appearance because you glow differently when youre actually happier.