CHAPTER II

JAYDEN MALUM (ONGOING CALL): What the fuck do you mean by a "problem", and where the fuck are you at?!

BRAYDEN MALUM (ONGOING CALL): They got me in custody up here at the prison. I was just chilling at the bar per usual, and they came in and took me out in cuffs. Said it had something to do with Melanie.

I dropped the phone instantly. 

Someone found out, and I was screwed.

My heart began almost beating out of my chest, and my breathing only became more and more rapid. There was a moment of silence which was broken off by Brayden's voice coming through the phone once again.

BRAYDEN MALUM (ONGOING CALL): They know, Jay. Not who, but what happened. And they'll be on your tail soon enough. You better fucking run.

My heart dropped almost as quick as the cell line did. They fucking knew about Melanie, and they were gonna be riding my ass soon enough trying to pin me as a suspect. I was screwed, so screwed. It felt almost as if my head was spinning. The room was turning so fast, so fast. My breathing became more and more rapid. I began seeing stars and lights flickering and flashing and..

 Confess, Jay.

Her voice.

Why did you do it, Jay?

She's in my fucking head..

All I ever did was love you.

Get the fuck out of my head!

The voice ceased, and my heart began to return to a normal pace. 

It was just a panic attack, it'll be fine.

But will it really be "fine"?

The guilt was just so overwhelming.. 

I grabbed a small beat up duffle bag from the back of my closet; probably from my drug dealing days considering there were still small traces of coke down in the creases of the bag. I threw in a stack of cash, small handheld pistol, a few rounds of ammunition, a box of plastic gloves, and a change of clothes. I had to travel light. I needed to faster than the police, smarter than the police. Technically, there would be no need for appearance change due to there being no witnesses to my crime. But I had to be sure. I needed to be ahead of the police's plans. Bleaching my hair alone could do the trick, but I had to go even farther than that. Some piercings and a wardrobe change would have to do for now. I figured that the local walmart will have to do for this. I grabbed my duffle bag, and made my way downstairs to the door. Slowly, I turned the handle until the door was wide open. I walked out of my house onto the porch, closing the door behind me and locking it. There was no turning back now. This was the beginning of the end.