the one with no choice

"you've got to be kidding me."

chan shook his head, "trust me i don't like it any more than you do."

"don't like it? i HATE it, i'm only nineteen and you're asking me to get MARRIED."

a few hours earlier..

"jamie bang, nineteen, sister to christopher bang otherwise known as chan. he's the leader of stray kids and jinyoungs right hand man. this is a very beneficial opportunity for ab6ix."

rhymer tsked as he flung the file in his hands across the table, "so what do you suppose we do about it?" he questioned, staring daggers at his advisor. "well i purpose that we accept this offer and join our mafias by approving of the arranged marriage."

"who do we marry her off to then?" the advisor went silent for a minute before opening his mouth to speak again, "donghyun."

laughter erupted from the response. rhymer banged his hand on the table and shook the room. "d-donghyun?!" he stuttered through laughter, "that's hilarious, you've always had a great sense of humor." rhymer sighed and sat back in his black leather chair, crossing his arms against his chest.

"why not donghyun? he's an appropriate age, he's good looking, and he's one of the best guys in the mafia-" "he's insane."

silence froze over the room until the advisor sighed, "you're right, he is incredibly mad, but that's what makes him good. i think it could work." rhymer leaned forward, "inquire me this, why donghyun? and don't give me any of that bullshit from earlier. what is it about him that could possibly make any of this work?"

"you said it yourself, he's insane." - "your point?" the advisor stood up from his seat and pushed in the chair, "he's the only one crazy enough to go through with something like this. i have no doubt about it."

a few hours later..

"WHAT?!" chan shouted, much louder than he had intended to. jinyoung sighed heavily, "jamie is to be married to a member of the ab6ix mafia, it has already been arranged."

"so you're just selling my sister off without checking with me first?!" chan spoke through gritted teeth. his fists clenched, his anger growing.

"i'm not selling her off, i'm joining two separate mafias together for the benefit of ours. it's just a business deal, nothing more nothing less."

"how can you speak so calmly about this?! this is downright insane! i will not let her go through with this!"

"it is not your place." jinyoung shouted, his voice booming throughout the large room. "your sister will go through with this because she doesn't have a choice, and neither do you."

chan huffed, "fine, but i'm meeting him before she does." - "that's fine. now go, you're dismissed."

chan pushed away from the table and barged out of the room, slamming the doors behind him and he quickly rushed to his room.

opening his bedroom door, chan picked up the nearest object and threw it at the wall as he shouted. chan shuffled to his bed and plopped down, burying his face into his hands.

after a few minutes, chan had finally calmed down and decided it was time to tell his sister, jamie. he let out a hefty sigh and left his room before approaching his sisters just down the hall.

knocking on the door he called out her name, "hey jay? you in here?" - "come in!" replied a soft voice from behind the door. chan opened the door and stepped inside, he smiled at his sister before closing the door.

"hey chan, what's up?" jamie questioned, setting her phone aside. "we uh.. need to talk." - "i'm scared to ask but, about what?"

chan sat down beside jamie on her bed, letting out a heavy sigh before opening his mouth to speak. "it has been brought to my attention that jyp wants to unite our mafia with another.."

there was a long pause before jamie spoke up, "okay.. and what about it?" - "the only way to unite our mafias is for you to marry a member of the opposite gang."

jamie burst out into laughter, "aw man, now that's funny!" chan pressed his lips together and looked at his sister. jamies laughter slowed down before the room went completely silent again.

"y-you're joking right? this is a joke isn't it?" - "no." jamie scoffed, "you've got to be kidding me."

chan shook his head, "trust me i don't like it any more than you do." - "don't like it? i HATE it, i'm only nineteen and you're asking me to get MARRIED." - "if it were up to me this wouldn't be the case but i have no power here and you don't have a choice, it's already been decided."

the room went silent once again. chan stood up and walked over to the door, he grabbed the handle and looked over his shoulder, "look, i'll be meeting him before you do. you don't have to take part in any of the planning or anything like that, you just have to show up and say 'i do'. i don't want you to do this but just.. think of it as a business transaction."

jamie stayed silent, her mind racing as her anger boiled. chan took her silence as a response and with that, he left the room.