Chapter 1: New Life

Everything in my life is changing. My dad,mom, and older brother passed away ,my other family  members don't want to take me in. So now I am in foster care going to some random house I don't even know but I have to trust that the people who did the background checks. This is so bad tho... I am still in the same town but in a different house. I still look the same on the outside but changed so much on the inside. I just want my family back, just want to be laughing with my mom again on the couch. Have my brother practice softball with me, and just to have my dad around!

        So we are driving to a house that is in a really nice neighborhood.  The houses are big , the lawns are nice and there are nice cars in the driveways.      I wonder how they act.

I really do, just because they live in a nice place doesn't mean they are nice people. Looking in front of us to find a huge house at the end of the block. I notice that we are stopping at their gate.

"This is that house?"

"Yes, its nice huh." The woman that was driving said. She was an older woman white very blond hair, blue eyes and a sweet smile. The house was beautiful with a nice round part on the side like a castle. These people own so much land. But no amount of land would get me to forget what had happen. We are drive up to the house now. The front double doors are so large,  and red with two gold knockers on each door. It was a nice house I have to admit that. The driver -I think her name is Ruby- gets out of the car, turning I see two people on there porch. A man and a woman. The woman is short and thin with black hair and pricing green eyes. She looks sweet and understanding which is what I need right now. But the man he looks like one who has been through hell and back. Not ugly and ragged of course but strong and like he knows what he is doing. It seems as tho he still has a sweet side. But how knows.

      Ruby and the two couple talk for a while. I try to read their lips but I can make out to what they are saying but it doesn't seem bad. They laugh and then Ruby comes to get me. I pick up my phone and act like I wasn't trying to be nosey.

  "Skylar.. You should come and meet these people." As I get out of the car to greet them she whispered in my ear "Remember if anything and I mean anything comes across as unusual call me." She looks at me sternly and I nod. Walking to the porch,

     "Hello,I am Skylar nice to meet you." I greet them because being courteous is the way I been raised. 

  "Hello sweetheart my name is Alice and this is Mike." She touch her husbands shoulder and smiles up at him.

"Nice to meet you Skylar " he hold out his hand. I shake his hand and looked up at him it was crazy because he had to be about 6'6 feet and I am only 5'6. He looks down and smiles. I can tell it was forcefully plastered on his face so I just nod and let go of his hand.

   "So it is not just us in the house. We have three more kids in this house and they are adopted." Alice says as she looks from me to Ruby, then back to me.

"Right I am sure Skylar is okay with that I mean she is very well behaved and can very well put someone in their place if they in to be so no worries."

"Alright then. Should we have someone get your stuff?" Mike asked me

I just nod and I notice that right when he looks over his shoulder a women dress as a madres goes to the car and Ruby unlocks it with the bottoms on her keys. Then a man comes out to help to.

"Your house is beautiful " I finally say because the silence was getting unbearable. 

"Well thank you honey we been working on it a lot. You should see the garden when we get everything ready." She smiles and looks at her husband then Ruby.