painted nails

this was just a prompt I found online that I thought was cute and immediately got inspiration from <3

Person 1 somehow convinces Person 2 to let them paint their nails.

"Colby, I don't know..." Sam said softly as he walked into his apartment. He and Colby were out getting snacks and drinks for pizza night and Colby brought up that he should repaint them soon. Sam had mentioned that he was scared of painting his own and that had sent Colby on a tangent.

"Sam, come on. Just let me paint yours too...Nothing bad is gonna happen, it won't destroy your nails." He teased as he set the bags he was carrying on the counter. Sam put his up as well and rolled his eyes, "That's not...I'm not worried about that Colby." He started unpacking everything and setting it out for when their friends would arrive.

Colby grabbed an apple from Sam's fridge and leaned against the counter as he watched Sam move around, "Then what are you worried about?" He honestly couldn't see why Sam was so object to getting his nails painted.

Sam put down a bag of chips and sighed softly, shaking his head, "It's stupid...can we just forget about this?" He looked over to his best friend with a pleading look. Colby stood his ground and shook his head, "Sam...just tell me." He smiled softly and shrugged, "I just don't know why you're so opposed.."

The blonde sighed and rubbed his hands over his face, "I'm afraid people are gonna judge me and think it's weird." He mumbled into his hands quickly. Colby chuckled softly and shook his head, "Dude, Mike, Jake, and I paint ours...no one calls us weird, they don't judge us."

Sam leaned against the counter across from Colby and sighed, wrapping his arms around his center, shrugging slightly, "I don't know...I told you it was stupid." He looked down at his feet, biting the inside of his cheek. Colby smiled softly and reached over, putting his hand on Sam's arm, "Hey...it's okay." Sam looked up at him and nodded.

Colby smiled more, "Just try it...for a day or two. I'm not saying you need to go out and get a manicure or anything like that, just let me paint them when I touch mine up." Sam sighed softly and thought for a moment before nodding. Colby grinned, "Yes!" He hurried out of the kitchen and around to the door, "I'll be right back."

Sam chuckled and shook his head, walking over to the couch to sit and wait for Colby. It wasn't long before Colby came back and hurried over to Sam holding a few bottles of nail polish in his hands. He set the bottles on the table and sat down next to Sam, "Which color do you want to try?" Sam bit his lip as he looked over his options, pointing to the light blue color. Colby nodded and grabbed it, shaking it before he opened it and then turned towards Sam.

Sam took a nervous breath and laughed lightly, "Why am I nervous?" He held his hand out and Colby started painting his nails, "Because you're weird." He teased, glancing up at the blonde with a smirk. Sam pushed Colby's shoulder in response, "Hey! I don't wanna mess 'em up.." Colby said, his attention squared on painting Sam's nails.

For the next ten minutes, Sam relaxed against the couch and let Colby paint his nails, getting used to it the more he looked at it. When Colby finished Sam's nails, he moved on to touching his up. Sam held his hands up to look at his nails, "Thanks Colbs..."

Colby looked up at Sam and smiled, "Anytime Sammy..." 

thanks for reading! i hope you enjoyed <3 please vote and comment!