Chapter Four

I stand up and Pearl does the same. I keep a straight face as I take her hand and walk down the hill towards Garnet. I could tell that the Ruby/Sapphire cross-Gem fusion was wondering as to why I would make my way over towards her and then suddenly make the decision turn around and head right back up the hill for some unknown reason. I apologise to her by smiling over at her and she returns both my smile and my apology.

"I'm sorry, Garnet." I hurriedly say as Pearl and I make our way over towards the confused fusion. "Pearl was nervous about something and I had to comfort her."

"It's okay, Rose." Garnet tips her glasses. "I could see you wanting to talk to me about something in my future vision. What was it?"

I turn to look over at Pearl and let go of her hand. She looks back at me, a look of concern on her face. I turn to face Garnet, a sheepish expression on my face. Garnet confusingly scratches her head.

"Uh...excuse me for a minute." I say in apology. Still confused, Garnet nods and I turn around to speak to Pearl. "Is there something wrong, Pearl?"

"No no. Of course not, Rose." Came Pearl's immediate response.

"Then why were you looking at me in concern?"

"It's just that, I'm starting to have second thoughts about you talking to Garnet about this." Pearl says quietly with a sigh, her Blue eyes on the grass below her.

"Pearl, do you not want me to talk to Garnet about this right now?"

"I do...but I'm not sure what she'll say about this." Pearl replies, still nervous.

I walk over towards her and place one of my hands on her. "Pearl." I smile happily at her. "It doesn't matter what she might say about this." I turn my head to look over at Garnet, now nervous. "I just hope that she has an answer for this."

Pearl peers around me and looks at Garnet as well. "I hope so too, Rose."