Chapter Seven

All night, I frequently thought about the other Diamonds. A new memory popped into my head every five minutes or so. I was getting tired of it and I desperately wanted it to stop.

I heard Yellow's voice in my mind. "You're not quite ready for a colony of your own quite yet, Pink. Maybe wait until you're a little older."

Then Blue's. "Here, Pink. You can name this batch of Pyrite."

Then White's. "What did you do this time, my dear Starlight?"

It had to stop. It needed to stop. I couldn't live like this much longer. By tomorrow, I had hope I was no longer going to think about the other Diamonds.

White's voice appeared in my mind again. "This has gone too far, Starlight. I think it's time you learned your lesson."

I panicked a little and pulled at my hair, letting out a shout of pure frustration that alerted Pearl. She turned to me, concerned. "M-my Quartz?" She asked.

"What is it, Pearl?"

"Are you still thinking about the other Diamonds?"

I look down at the grass below me. "Yeah...I desperately want it to stop."

Pearl looks down towards the grass as well and sighs as she thinks. "Have you ever tried to think about things other than the other Diamonds."

"Yeah, it does take my mind off of the other Diamonds for a while."

"Maybe you should try to do that more often, My Quartz." Pearl suggests.

My eyes widen and I smile down at Pearl. "Maybe I should. Thank you, Pearl."

"You're welcome, my Quartz."