Chapter 2: Settling In

He wouldn't stop looking at me with those magnificent eyes of his. I was too petrified by his beauty to speak a single word. I couldn't. I don't know why, but words never came out from my lips. it wasn't an awkward silence, however, it was sort of calming and relaxing. A sense of peace as I presume.

"And your name is...?" His sweet voice broke the silence as he looked at me with a cute little smile.

"Kya Thomas." I could feel my cheeks getting hot the longer I looked at him.

"It's nice to meet you then." He stuck his hand out waiting for me to shake it.

I hesitated a bit before grabbing and shaking it. I felt a jitter of my nerves flourish up around my body. As if dozens of butterflies were set free around my inside.

I quickly let go and bowed asking for a leave.

"Very nice to meet you as well, Mr. Bookman." I quickly scurried off to my room. I threw my suitcase on the bed and slid down the wall. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. The only thing hat stuck in my mind was Lavi. That was it. But why? I just met him....I shouldn't be in love with someone I just met! No! It's not love, it's more of a crush. That makes it a bit better.

Bookman aren't suppose to be in love, I've learned this from Tiedoll. They're only there to record history and not get involved...its pathetic. I feel as if Lavi would break the rules by actually getting involved in this long war against exorcist and the Earl. He would seem that type judging by his appearance.

A while later there was a knock on my door. I looked at the door for a while before actually answering.

"Who is it?"

"Sorry to bother you! But I have your uniform!" It was an unfamiliar voice. It was a bit high pitched, like a younger male around 15 or 16.

I got up and stumbled to get to the door. I slowly opened it as I saw the male in front of me. his hair was unusually white, his eyes as cold as winter and as gray as a cloudy sky. He had an unusual scar on his left eye. He wasn't that tall at all, in fact I was about a few inches taller.

"Hey, I'm really sorry to bother you. As I said before, I have your uniform and I'm gonna be glad to be working with you!" The boy smiled as he handed me the famous Black Order jacket.

"Thank you, I'm glad to be working with you as well Mr....?" I looked at him pleading for him to answer.

"Walker, Allen Walker." That name, it sounds so familiar...like as if it was a faded memory, distant in the back of my own mind.

"Thomas, Kya Thomas." I was of course curious about his eye, but I didn't want to discuss personal things until later.

He walked off as I noticed his arm. It was quiet unusual like the rest of his body.

"Parasite..." I mumbled to myself. I've never met one before, I just know that they're bad news. Fallen ones...

I walked back into my room and got undressed. I put on a black tank top with my jacket. I slipped on short black shorts and the tall boots. I put my sword case on my back with me sword. I put my hair up with a string with a red headband stepped outside my room. I walked to the cafeteria because well I was a bit hungry.

I walked into the cafeteria and looked around. There was a lot of finders like Lenalee said, there was only one there tonight. He sat alone as I started to grin. Yu Kanda, him and I used to train with Tiedoll, I haven't seen him in a few years.

Nothing about him changed at all, I mean you still have his glare, his extremely long hair and his soba. Kanda never talked much when he was training with us, but when he did they were quite rude remarks. Now, Kanda was always better at the art of sword fighting but that doesn't mean I wasn't close of catching up to him. He was just always so serious,,,,

We made eye contact with eachother as I froze. His eyes were so blue like an ocean on a beautiful day. He scowled and looked down eating his food. Don't even bother to say hi.. I thought. I slowly walked over to him.

I put my hands on the other side of the table and looked directly at him.

"Wow, don't even bother on saying hi. I know you know who I am." I was stern.

"As if I would want to..." He glared at me trying to eat his precious soba.

"Don't make me call you by your name." I growled.

"Tch...see if I give a shit."

I backed up at his remark and gave him an annoyed look. I shook my head and walked off. I don't need to get mad on my first day...

I went up to the guy they all call Jerry. I ordered some chicken because that's what I was feeling. I grabbed my plate and went to sit down by myself. Hopefully that will change soon. Suddenlt the boy, Allen, walked in the room. I swear to you that he has the most familiar face in the world. He went up and ordered his own food. It took him about 5 minutes to order it all. He is definitely and parasitic type.

He went over and sat across from me with a nice warming smile.
"Oh hello!" I smiled.

"Hey, I just wanted to tell you that you have your first mission and you have to go to Komui's right away! Isn't that exciting?" He smiled.
I smiled so big that I dropped everything and ran out of the cafeteria. I ran through the halls and barged into Komui's office only to pause quickly. Believe it or not but my first mission was with non other than Lavi Bookman.