The bright lights

"Why won't you tell me."
"Because it's a surprise."
"I hate surprises."
"What don't you hate?"
"You."
"Well then you won't hate my surprise because it involves me."
"Fine. But tell me you love me."
"I love you."
Jade smiled as she exited Beck's trailer and headed towards her car. She turned around as she got to the car door and looked at him. He was stood in the doorway shirtless and it made her smirk.
After teasing him all day, Jade finally arrived at Beck's trailer after school, being purposefully a little late, they had slept together. After that, she expected to just lay in his arms all night but he had something else planned.
She was now leaving to go home and 'dress up nice' for some surprise Beck had told her about not ten minutes ago.
"I love you too." She said before getting into her car. Beck smiled goofily as he headed back into his trailer once Jade had gone.
They were engaged and he hurt her feelings and so he needed to make it up to her. He had made reservations at Jade's favourite restaurant... favourite fancy restaurant, and then simply planned to take a walk along the promenade after and take her to the arcade.
He's taken her there countless times. He can't get enough of the bright smile that never fades when she's there with him.
She claims that her happy place is somewhere dark with people screaming in fear of her but really, it's the arcade.
She loves slot machines and she doesn't even get too annoyed when she the stupid claw wont pick up the bear she wants.
Beck smiles simply thinking about it. The way those bright red and yellow lights make her eyes sparkle even brighter. How her laugh is intoxicating.
It's something only he and her share, it's almost like it's their arcade. None of the others know a thing about it. They've been once with all 6 of them but Jade acted miserable and complained and so the trip ended early. Only Beck knew the true reason why she was complaining. She didn't want anyone else to start wanting to come here when it is their spot. Only theirs.
He had thought about proposing to her in the arcade but it was confirmed when he had actually proposed to her- after the crying and the loss for a sarcastic comment- that she would not have been happy about people being around them.

A few hours later, Jade has returned and after a quick kiss, her and Beck go to their separate sides of Beck's truck. It doesn't take her long to figure out where they were going. When Beck notices that she has figured it out he just starts smiling which she does also. They haven't been to this restaurant in a long time. between the breakups and simply not finding the time nor being bothered to get dressed up to go to a fancy place such as this.
The restaurant couldn't be further away from what you'd expect to be Jade's favourite. It had a sort of rustic feel to it with dark wood walls and around the bar but it also was quite modern. High leathers chairs around the bar, clean white tables. People who dined there included either important business men or someone about to marry one.
Beck's uncle knows the owner and so, as long as Jade agrees to be on her best behaviour, they get one of the best tables in the place and free wine.
They've only ever been here on Jade's birthday or an occasion such as that so, as they pulled into the parking lot, Jade couldn't quite figure out why they were here.
Even after they finished their meals and had left the restaurant, Jade had not yet asked him why he had brought her.

They walked alone the promenade, the soft breeze blowing Jade's lightly curled hair as Beck held his arm around her.
"So tell me then, Oliver, what's the special occasion?" she questions, finally.
He stops walking and turns to her, a confused look on his face.
"What are you talking about? We just got engaged. We're going to be married. And I love you... shouldn't that be reason enough?"
she smiles at him. her cheeks flush a light shade of pink which makes Beck smirk.
The music from the arcade had only become audible to them at this moment and so they smiled brightly at each other. Jade turns and walks quickly towards the arcade, Beck following close behind her.
"This was just a sure place to bring you. We haven't been here in a long time I thought tonight would be perfect."
He scratched the back of his head and this time it was Jade's turn to smirk at his slightly embarrassed look- him feeling this way only because he now doubts himself as to whether it was smart to bring her here. She wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him deeply in the lips.
"I've missed this."
Her voice was soft. If the wind blew too strongly I'm sure her words would be lost. But Beck heard. He looked up and their eyes met. Hers shone brightly, sparkled like nothing he had ever seen before. They simply stood like that, standing, their bodies pressed together, staring into each other's eyes. Nothing else matters, nothing else exists, the music has faded away and the lights have dimmed. All apart from one that seemed to put them in a spotlight.