chapter eight: feed him something; hope that it stays (part 1)

Summary:

Jungkook needs food, but can't keep it down.
Namjoon makes breakfast.
Yoongi wants a hammock put in every room of their house.

____

There's something very wonderful about waking up in Yoongi's arms. Jungkook's eyes flutter open first to a clear and mild morning sky and a breeze licking just gently around his face. The rapper's small body is turned into Jungkook's, arm supporting the maknae's head and his other arm loosely wrapped around Jungkook's chest. They stir at the same time, but Yoongi just sighs and nuzzles in a little closer, and Jungkook lets his eyelids close back shut, body too heavy from sleep to be aware of anything ailing his body just yet.

The hammock barely sways, but its movement is still enough to lull them back to sleep. Yoongi's closeness is grounding, like a security blanket. His soft breathing wisps right along Jungkook's ear, mingled with the calm waves of the ocean lapping against the shore. It's perfect.

x

Yoongi wakes again to Jungkook's peacefully slumbering face and it puts him in a pleasantly thoughtful mood. He even gives Jungkook a light kiss right on his temple, and that's not even his style, but his face is already so close, and it's just him and his sleeping dongsaeng and nobody's looking.

He takes everything in slowly, wiggling his toes under the blanket tucked around their feet, reveling his surroundings with deep appreciation. He freaking loves this hammock. He wants one put up in a corner of the living room when they get back home. Or maybe in his bedroom, or out on the balcony. Why not one for each of those places. Jin would fuss that's in yet another piece of comfy furniture to peel Yoongi out of.

He probably couldn't copy the feelings he has right now in this one, anyway. Nothing's quite as authentic as this moment here waking up on a hammock out by a bungalow in a beach in Hawaii, cuddled up close with someone you love, both without a need to be anywhere any time soon. When will he have another moment like this one? It's very special.

x

Namjoon is in the kitchen when Yoongi comes inside through the sliding door. He didn't want to get up, but he figures he should be up before Jungkook and ready with something to give him. He'll need something to drink, for sure, even if he doesn't want it.

"Oh, hyung, you're awake," Namjoon whispers in question, as surprised to see Yoongi up and about as Yoongi is to see him preparing breakfast in the kitchen. When Yoongi gets closer, there's a spread of fruits out on the kitchen island, an open package of a hearty loaf of sliced bread, a pitcher of orange juice, peanut butter, cream cheese, and butter.

Yoongi smirks to himself proudly. There are two slices of toast, half an orange, some grapes, and sliced bananas tastefully plated on one of the bungalow's square porcelain dishes. He's impressed.

"You're really showing out this morning," Yoongi says in a sleep-logged voice, popping a grape into his mouth. Namjoon's back is facing him, busy pouring coffee grounds into the coffee filter for the machine. Yoongi makes a hissing sound in amazement. "Yahhh, even coffee too? Wow, what a man."

Namjoon snorts out a shy laugh. The leader knows how uncommon it is for him to be the one preparing a meal for everyone. It isn't that he doesn't ever want to—it's just that he isn't often trusted around appliances, for good reason.

"I figured I could pull off a light breakfast, and I wanted to feed Kookie a little. Whaddya think? How did I do?" Yoongi gives him a thumbs up and a nod of approval, a geppjjang! (or however that's spelled), which makes Namjoon's eyes sparkle and a dimple sink deep in his cheeks.