Chapter 1 - Late Mornings and Grey Eyes (April)

*beep beep beep beep beep*

Oh shit! I was late for the most important job interview ever! Thankfully, I had kept the clothes I was going to wear for the meeting ready last night (in fear that this was going to happen). I didn't eat any breakfast and almost almost forgot to brush my teeth.

I barged out of my apartment in the 'Park View' building on West 83d Street and fast walked (I would have run, but my heels) down the street.

Almost too suddenly a man, maybe in his late twenties banged into me. I was thrown on the ground (ouch!), praying my skirt didn't fly up too high.

Shit.

All the papers he was carrying were scattered all over the sidewalk, and the worst part is, that my papers were mixed up with his. "I am so sorry!" he said. He reached his hand out to help me of the ground.

I looked up - whoa... he was pretty hot. He had wispy darkish brown hair and grey eyes (like the color of the moon).

*realizes that his hand is awkwardly stretched out towards me*

I took his hand and he pulled me up. "Oh it's okay," I said dreamily staring into his eyes, "Let me help you with those." And we started picking up the papers together - me literally grabbing any paper that may be mine, and him, inspecting each one, making sure it's his.

Great, now I was twenty minutes late for a life-changing job interview. "Again, I'm really sorry!" he said, and walked in the opposite direction of which I was going.

I finally reached the Starlight Magazine building, now half an hour late. I could not afford to go to the bathroom and fixed my disheveled hair and the dust on my white skirt.

I stumbled to the concierge and asked about my appointment with the Head of Advertising. The concierge told me I was really late, and Mrs.Witherfield hated late. I was doomed. I was not going to get this job.