Chapter 5 - Afterthoughts (April)

After Mrs. Witherfield said good bye to me, I left the Starlight Magazine building.
I kept thinking about the interview. She seemed pretty happy, but I didn't know if she was just like that or she ate some delicious breakfast. I was so confused. I like to have a specific idea of things - it's either a yes or a no. It's like a math problem - it's either wrong or right. But the results of my ineterview was like a twisted algebra question. I just couldn't figure it out. It was driving me crazy.
It was late September and the leaves on trees were already turning crimson. The wind was chilly, but pleasant. My apartment was about a twenty minute walk from the Starlight building, and as I walked, the clouds starrolling in and the wind pick up fast. I didn't carry a coat because I was definitely not expecting this kind of weather. My arms got goosebumps and the air started feeling moist. I was ten minutes away and it was about to rain. I was smart and decided to take a cab, but which New York cab driver is going to drive someplace five minutes away? I stood at a taxi stand which had a roof kind of a thing just in case it started pooring right then and there. Finally a cab came to the stand. I got in and he asked me where I wanted to go. I told him the street and then he gave me an annoyed look.
"Beep beep beep! Oh look I'm running out of gas I dont think I can make it all the way there. You're going to have to take another cab, lady." He said, turning his head back towards me from the front seat.
New York oh New York, I do love ya!
Anyways, after what felt like ages, I found a cab that could actually take me home. Just as I got in it started pouring.
--
I walked in to my apartment and out down my things on the couch with a sigh. My skirt was feeling uncomfortable, and I had no other plans, so I took a quick shower and changed into pajamas. I made some three minute popcorn, closed the blinds, grabbed a comforter, made a blanket fort (on the outside I'm 26, but on the inside I'm 4), turned on the netflix thing... It was time for a movie marathon. No, I don't have a busy schedule. Yes, I watched finding nemo.
--
It was 7 pm and I was sitting in my blanket fort. I was kind of hungry, so I got out of my blanket fort (the queen had to leave her castle), and changed out of my pajamas into some black leggings, a baggy sweater, a beanie and some black buts, considering the weather earlier today. I was going to go to a coffee shop a block away, so I grabbed my laptop and my headphones. As I was leaving my apartment, I saw my messy file. I just took it along, though there was zero percent of any organising being done.
My clothes suited the weather perfectly. I entered the coffee shop, and the all too familiar fragrance of coffee filled my nose. I sat down at one of the empty booths and a waitress came up to me. I ordered a mocha latte and a chocolate chip cookie. I took out my laptop and began checking my email. A bunch of junk mail from target and Macy's and other stuff. Between those I found a mail from my parent...
They just learnt how to email people, so they've been constantly emailing me random things like funny videos they found on YouTube or cute dog pictures. The caption read:
Hey April, we thought of you when we saw this on YouTube...
Love you,
Mom and Dad
Below were some attachments. Whoa they learnt how to attach files Unfortunately they were video files. I clicked on them so they could download. It was going to take forever.
While I waited for the videos to download, my mocha latte and cookie arrived (they were delicious). I sat there in bordem, and decided that I would clean up my file, after the incident earlier today.
I looked through the paper, and realized that like one sixth of them weren't mine. I made two piles - mins and grey eyes guy.
This guy with grey eyes seemed like some sort of writer. I had a few pages of his stories and tried to catogorize them by their names. I didn't mean to be nosy, but I started reading some of them.

They were amazing. I had got carried away by only a few pages of his stories that might have a billion more pages to them. They were beautiful. I started wanting to read more and more, but at the moment, I only had a few. I got lost in his words and and I know this is a terrible description, but they were undesirably amazing.

I needed to contact grey eyes. Luckily, thought the file I found a layout of his book covers which said his name on it. Ethan Morris. I grabbed my laptop (the videos finished downloading by the way) and looked this guy up. I found his email ID on some website and wrote him an email.

To: ethan.morris@fastmail.com
Subject : April Walters
Dear Ethan,
Hi my name is April. I'm the girl you banged into earlier today.
This is just to inform you that I have some of your documents (and might I say that you are very very talented). I must have picked them up by mistake, because I was in such a rush. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.
Yours truly,
April Walters
Send.
I cleaned up the rest of my file. By the time that was done, it was10pm. I walked back home in the strange humid and cold weather.

A/N : Hey guysssss! I told you that I would probably not have a new chapter, but well here it is and I hope you like it c:
It may be a bit cliched and stereotypical and you probably know what's going to happen next, but just wait and watch *mysterious exit*

PS: Grey eyes (@shananabanana1) XD