19th Emotion

Someone’s PoV

Kanato held Teddy in his arms as he walked through the hallways, humming ‘Scarborough Fair’ to himself. He was worried about Yokko right since she let go of a tear she wasn’t even aware of.

That single tear told them all her the suffering her unconsciousness kept. And it told them the fear and sadness she felt when her emotions are back whenever ‘he’ scares her too much.

When Yokko jumped down the tree and went back to where JaeMi and Belle was, she didn’t look back or anything.

She even felt colder and emptier.

She was more determined to be stronger, and was avoiding everyone. In fact, Shuu would sometimes spot her wandering around the hidden areas in the mansion, trying to find an escape.

And JaeMi and Belle were totally helping her with this idea of leaving the house.

This made Reiji stricter to them, and even told Yui to keep them locked in their rooms the moment they arrive from school. They will only be let out when it’s dinner.

Kanato stopped in front of a door and knocked thrice.

“Who is it?” a voice called out from inside.

Yokko-chan~…” he said her name softly.

There was silence, then the door opened.

Yokko came into view, wearing her periwinkle nightgown, and her hair was windblown. Kanato’s eyes widened, as he spotted the barely visible handprints at the window glasses that were wide open, leading to the balcony. He entered the room, locked the door, and pinned Yokko under him on the bed. His eyes were sparking with sadness, rage, and more anxiousness.

Kanato softly placed his forehead against hers, and he began sobbing.

“You’re trying everything… just to get away from here…” he whispered, tears falling. “You’re leaving me… Did I do something wrong for you to hate me so badly?? TELL ME!!

Yokko sighed. The feelings she was feeling at that moment… she couldn’t understand them. She felt her throat hurt, felt guilt, felt sadness, felt anger, felt nervous…

It was making her confused.

She lifted a hand and stroked his hair, hugging him tight. He felt his arms and legs tremble, one that never happened before in his vampire life, and carefully let himself fall on top of her, but still taking his weight so as not to crush her.

“Why…?? Why??” he kept on asking her that. “I’ve never felt love until I met you. And when I was able to learn you feel the same with me, I was so happy. But then, you try pushing me away. WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?! You’re just playing with my emotions!”

“If you see it like that, I’ll let you hold a grudge against me,” she spoke. “I am just your puppet to begin with. But this is for the best…”

“For the… best…?? No, it’s not! It’s breaking me, a vampire, into pieces!!”