9.0 (the real one)

"I can't believe I'm the selfish one." Michael says, sobering up while tears fall, watching the rain from the window.

I stare at the roof, unbothered by the noises around me. I was so distracted I didn't notice the door go flying open. I don't notice the two people run into my room. I don't notice the short teenager scream my name. I only snap into reality when one jumps onto my chest.

I grunt, and the bundle of energy, Rich, sits up and slaps me, "Michael, Get out of thith fucking trance, we're here to make you happy. What do you need? Food? Ice cream? A good fuck? Beating thomeone up? Pizza? To be alone? Porn? Arthon? thmoking pot?" He grabs my shoulders and starts shaking me, "Do you need to get thtoned, Michael?"

Jake sighs, and pulls Rich off of me, "Take a chill pill, Rich, he's already stoned, let's just distract him and play video games."

Rich scoffs, and rolls onto his stomach to glare at Jake, "I already took a 'chill pill', Jake, not the motht fun I've ever had."

Jake laughs, rolling his eyes, sitting on Jeremy's bean bag. He examined my many gaming consoles, eyeing my Nintendo's. "Do you have Mario kart?"

I smile and sit up, "You need to be more specific, I have every kind of Mario kart that's ever excised."

"Mario kart Wii," Rich says excitingly, grabbing the Wii remote that lay on the floor in front of him.

I laugh and put the disk into the Wii, turning it on, grabbing a remote each for Jake and myself. I pass one to him and settle into my chair, focusing on the game.

ooo Three games later ooo

We had played three games of eight races, and Rich had won all twenty-four, but that was about to change. I made the last turn and saw Rich's character, Peach, just a bit ahead of me, nearing the finish line. I threw my red shell that I had been holding onto at him, hitting him right before he crossed, putting myself in first.

"FIFTH?" Rich screams, rage throwing his remote across the room, which hit the wall and feel onto Jake's head, but he didn't mind, because he had been fast asleep since the second game. "I GOT FIFTH? ONLY LOthERth GET FIFTH."

I laughed at him and reached into the bag of chips we had grabbed.

"IT'th NOT FUCKIN' FUNNY MICHAEL" I continue to eat my chips, and watch as he throws a temper tantrum. Somehow, Jake continues to snore through it.

After a few minutes, he sits back down, calm again, "I'm done with thith game, let'th just talk."

"Aw, is it because you lost?" I tease, poking his cheek.

He playfully slaps my hand away, "Jutht a little." I laugh, and so does he.

"Okay, thpill, what'th been happing with Jeremy the little bitch."

I sigh, and lean back in my bean bag, "I thought when the SQUIP was gone that he'd be fine with me, but I guess that he realized I wasn't worth it. He called me a loser, he told me that I was selfish for wanting an apology for that, wanted me to apologize for no reason. I got no thank you. No sorry. Nothing. He came over and just wanted to smoke weed."

"Huh." He said, "well, it'th a good thing he'th wrong. You're great and definitely worth it."

"Thanks, Rich." I say, then decide to change the subject, "so, I've noticed something with you and Jake," I raise my eyebrows suggestingly, "what's going on?"

He blushes and laughed nervously, "You noticed?"

I rolled my eyes, "I think everyone did."

"Okay," he scoots a little closer, "can you keep a thecret?"