Chapter 14 CHAOS AND DANGER

As anticipated rosemary had called the twins to announce her departure which was next morning. Both his sister and mother knew no news of the previous attack in the forest. The dral had kept his promise to rose.
However they were warned about the sudden appearance of the bandits in the forest.
This unknown bandits were a group of people who had caused chaos in the history of the palace right around when the ceremony was held. According to the palace records the Ameity bandits would stir trouble to prevent the smooth procedure of the hundred year ceremony. They had also attempted to attack the royal guests and often tried to kidnap the lost soul tribes. Vicious and powerful, they were worth the time of the royal family.
Currently the claw brothers were discussing about them. The household lords were away to who knew where.

"The crest of the Ameity bandits." Prince scarlarc commented at the wooden needle his eldest brother had brought back with him.

"But why would they have any problem with the ceremony? And how does it have anything to do with them?" Prince steegan likewise irked in annoyance.

Dral sharoen was quite. "To be honest i have always viewed this hundred year ceremony to be quite peculiar. It has the details required for the preparation of it but the actual and post procedures are not mentioned in its details. Also what significant role does the Lost souls play in the ceremony, what is the role of the royal family and what is the purpose of the ceremony itself are not recorded into account.
What's more bizarre is that not a single name of the people that had hold this ceremony are listed into account. It has a lot of loopholes and is quite suspicious."

Advisor Minon almost choked at his words. The dral was scowling at the holy ceremony with such a straight face. The man who was supposedly leading it was actually the one making fun of it like some gossiping lady craking jokes at the royal family!

But he did not say anything. His master was the Dral, not the holy ceremony.

"Should we stall some guards in the palace? Although i hate the idea, the safety of our guests comes first." Prince steegan suggested, a bit unsure about it.

The royal palace had only a few guards. Not even more than twelve. The princes hated the idea of having so many guards installed at the palace like they were some frail princes who needed protection.
But now they had to consider.

"We will do that. Install as many guards to keep a watch on the forest. Send some into the palace and have them scattered. Also let them take turns taking their posts. I have informed the royal guests about the bandits. And told them not to wander alone."
The dral was swift in his report.

"That should suffice" both the younger princes shook their heads. They loved the fast arrangement their eldest brother made in such a short notice.

"Also" dral sharoen added. "Have ten guards escort lady rosemary and her group to the landmark of the kingdom."

"Yes, my Dral." Advisor minon complied to his command.

Just as scheduled the next morning lady rosemary along with shila and kuan got into a wagon to depart from the palace.
The twins saw they off. Rebeica was pouting a bit but it was not noticable.
Unlike usual shila did not make fun of her. She instead warn her.

"Make sure to look after yourself."

She grumbled but did not refute her. With the news of the bandits they had to be careful.

"Don't worry. As long as I am here rose will be safe." She replied to her aunt.

Her aunt. "I did not mean you. I was asking rose to take care of you. Since he is more rational."

"I hate my aunt" she cried in dismay shaking her head.
Shila laughed at her reaction.

"Rose. Rebeica." Their mother reminded. "Remember to wield if just in case."

"Yes mother."

And then they departed.

Lady sherin was in her chamber. She was asleep on her bed. Her eyebrows were drawn into a frown. Her forehead was covered in sweat while her lips shivered violently.
She was having a dream. A day nightmare.
Her vision was filled with the color red. Long red hairs flickering in the wind. Tinted red lips. A red river of blood. A red cloth stuck on a tree. While an unheard voice echoed in her mind. She could hear it but not make out the words.

Her eyes flung open. Her purple pupils contradicted like crazy as she exhaled shallow breathes. She realized that she was sweating a lot. With her sleeves she wipe them off and she got up.
It was a dream. She was relieved and glad that it was a dream. These kinds of strange dreams had been following her since a few days ago. But they were never vivid.

Staring out of the window she sighed. "It's an omen. Unprofound and uncertain. Once the dream clears i shall know what it means." She relaxed her body as she sat down near the window to feel the cold breeze.

Rose and Rebeica were walking up the stairs. They were talking about something until they heard a shrill voice shouting in angst. A female flew out of a room. She wore an angry face displaying her rage.
It was medrisa.

"What happened?" Rebeica asked her in concern.

"That girl...that little dreadful wench...ughh..." She grumbled.

"She had the balls to do something so daring. When i get hold of her i swear i am going to hang her upside down as her punishment."

"What? What happened to marnie?" Rebeica asked once again.

Calming her voice she replied to her. "Miss rebeica, this happened."

It was a note.
Written: "Dear Medrisa. I am leaving the palace to look for my mother. Please don't shout at me when i return with her. And don't send people to look after me. It won't be good if word about my absence escapes the palace. By the time you read this i will already be at the city.
I will take care of myself. While Please do take care of yourself. Until then. Marnie."

Both of them were rendered speechless at her runaway note. Marnie the bird had escaped into the city at such a dangerous time.