#1 Drunken confessions

Outside, the clouds above rumbled fiercely announcing the onslaught of impending torrential downpour. Violent gales of wind had the curtains at the windows dancing wildly to their tune as sharp flashes of thunder made their appearance known every now and then, roaring in a deafening noise blowing trumpet of the mighty Zeus’s power.

The storm within her heart was no less though. With her back supported against the pillows, she stared longingly at the world outside. Hugging her knees to her chest, she let out another long sigh as tears pricked her eyes.

That chapter had been done and dealt with! So, what exactly she was mulling over? Feeling disheartened for an alliance that was never supposed to breathe long enough was an apt explanation of the fact that six months with that man had done nothing to her troublesome heart. She was still a gullible, naïve girl with her rampant feelings on the run.

“Way to go, Prerna Sharma!” She groaned to the wisps of air teasing her hair.

Throwing the pillow all the way across the room, she scrubbed her face furiously to scare the hell out of any sort of remorseful expressions daring to find a purchase on her face.

She wasn’t going to let the history repeat all over again! Definitely not! That despicable man had literally slapped those bl**dy divorce papers on her face! And for whom?! That Menka….that f*ckin Menka who had dumped his ass when his business was facing a slump and had deserted her 3 month old daughter to the devices of despair.

“That’s right!” Prerna stood up determined and faced the mirror, “I don’t need a man to live my life! I am an independent strong woman!”She spoke up only to see ghost of a very familiar face look into her eyes through the mirror.

“I think it’s not an exaggeration to say that women are the most powerful beings on earth. Apart from patience and perseverance, the amount of strength they hold within their souls is unbeatable. A woman doesn’t need a man to live, it’s other way round….in most cases! And you, Prerna….need neither my name, me , Mr. Basu or anyone’s validation to live your life. You have the most important thing it takes to live….courage”.

She turned around to see him standing in all his glory dressed in a cerulean blue suit that perfectly complimented his whisky eyes.His usual cigar was tucked between his lips as he pulled it out and let out apuff of smoke.

She approached the man warily. Afraid that he was just a figment of her imagination. As her trembling fingers reached out for his cheek, Indra dev announced his descent as she whipped her head around sharply to see rain slapping against the glass pane.

With her heart hammering against her rib cage, she turned around only to realize that he had indeed been a trick played by her naïve heart.

“I am afraid, Ms Sharma that your presence is no longer required since my first wife and Kuki’s biological mother has paved her way back into our lives. It is only justifiable, that you pull back now that she is back”.

Prerna stopped midway and gritted her teeth. It had been a trick alright probably because her heart had been itching just as much as her fist with the dire need to sock his arrogant jaw in. Never ever was she going to forget the humiliation he had hurled her way by taking Kuki from her and handing her over to Menka. Never!

All those philosophies of him had been stashed in grave the unfortunate day he had jerked her hand off to intertwine them with Menka’s. She wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction of affecting her!

“As a fact, I don’t really care!” Prerna snorted, “My only concern is Kuki and I’m going to drag that b*stard to court for disposing me like a trash bag and handing over my kuki’s responsibility to that disgusting blot in the name of a mother!” Prerna snarled.