d. Downpour of Doom- The Beginning

Athena rumbled fiercely as she exchanged blows with medusa who had stoned to death many a valiant man. A few places below, Artemis and Athena were engrossed in a deep discussion, seated in the midst of Artemis’s forest.

Two flickers later, sturdy fingers came up to brush off the haze curtailing his eyes as the man slowly sat up, resting his back against the cushions.

His gaze drifted to his left to find it empty.
Blinking his eyes in confusion, Anurag pressed his forehead between his thumb and forefinger. He didn’t recall correctly what exactly had happened.

“Good morning”

Whipping his head towards the voice on reflex, he saw Prerna stepping out of the kitchen with a steaming mug of coffee pressed to her lips.

“Good morning…” Anurag smiled, happy to see her happy. Almost glowing. The glow that had eluded her since her separation with Baj—

Shaking his head to swat away unnecessary thoughts, he got off the bed and walking up to Prerna, pressed a chaste kiss on her forehead.

Prerna smiled in response, her lips pursed into a rigid line as Anurag sat by her side on the sofa.

“Had a good sleep?”

Prerna nodded as events from last night came back to haunt her conscience.
Anurag smiled too and turned his head away, confused. He couldn’t muster up the events of last night at all. The last thing he remembered was approaching Prerna as she was sitting….and then…after drinking milk he removed her viel…….

That’s it!

Everything was pitch black beyond that point. Strange.

“Prerna?”

“Haan” She turned her attention to him, her heart starting to pickup its beat.

“Last night…I….you know….” While Anurag fumbled for the right words to pose his question, Prerna found her nervous self, drifting to her conversation with Rishabh, a few hours back.

“Vese, what are you going to tell Mr. Basu?” He asked nonchalantly,while moving his horse to obliterate her pawn.

“About what?” Prerna enquired just as unconcerned, her wits engaged in calculating her next move.

Rishabh chuckled as she moved her bishop to target his queen. “ About how you knocked him out cold with drugs mixed in his milk on his most awaited wedding night?”

The fingers she had been tapping against her chin continuously came to a freezing halt as Rishabh moved his bishop and posed a check to her vulnerable king.

“What?!!” Prerna screeched on registering Rishabh’s words, and then added, “Why would I do that?!”

In response, Rishabh only tapped his ears twice and narrowed his eyes at Prerna, “You know you’ll do what. Learn to control your cords. Do that. Please”

Prerna opened her mouth to retort but then swallowed the words as he awaited her outburst with his brows high on his forehead.

“Prerna-
Rishabh addressed her, “Mr. Basu will know that nothing happened. You know. And he’ll question things. And I just want you to be prepared in advance so that your incorrigible stammering doesn’t end up giving him a means to threaten my peace”