New Adventure - Part 2

Ian stretched and followed him to where the crowd of people stood, seeing the elf and the human ridiculously slapping each other like two quarrelsome children.
Vincent sighed, and as he searched for a spell suited to the situation, the shouts of the crowd were intensifying. He needed to be fast. "Paralysis spell" he read and then thought:

- "This one should be enough."

Then, pulling his staff, he cast the spell perfectly, immediately causing Bad and Zak to freeze in their place, completely confused. Silence had returned, and instinctively all the attention had turned to the boy in the pointy hat and quirky robes, who held a fat book in his left hand and now a cat on his right shoulder.

- "What did you do???" Asked George, seeing his friend frozen with a look of astonishment.
- "Wow, I wish I could do that to shut him up every now and then..." Dream said, referring to the frozen elf.

- "You have no idea how annoying you two are," Vincent told the two frozen, ignoring the comments of the other friends. - "I'm going to unfroze them now, but if I hear one more fight that gets me a headache, I'll freeze both of them forever."

But then Vincent had a great idea. He flipped through the book again and found something interesting... A 'recent memory loss' spell.

- "Don't worry, when this is all over, you won't even remember the mess." He said with a smirk on his face. And without giving the other friends time to ask what was that all about, he conjured the unfrozen spell with the memory spell.

As soon as the two could move again, they looked at each other in confusion.

- "Who are you? Why is everyone circling around us?" Bad asked.
- "I don't know, it's like I've banged my head and forgotten everything that happened in the last few minutes." Zak answered him.

George, Finn, Zelk, and Dream didn't even had to ask the wizard what had happened. They soon understood and, to avoid further headache, just agreed with that. Eventually the people around them began to lose interest in whatever was happening now, and scattered back to their tables.

- "I just remember i was singing on the stage and then suddenly I don't remember anything else..." Bad reflected. - "Wait. Did I fall off the stage and hit my head? It would make sense." He asked.

- "Yes, that is what actually happened. You fell headfirst to the floor and everyone came to see if you were all right." Dream tried to use his own explanation.
- "And you went to try to jump to save him and ended up falling too" Finn told Zak, because he had also lost his memory and was probably also confused.
- "Ah." It was the only thing Zak said.

- "It makes sense ... I think." Bad still felt confused, but decided to ignore and just accept.

Everything seemed calm now... The two groups of friends, now with Vincent(that didn't even knew why he had agreed in staying with them) sat on a table and started to talk to each other.  Every few minutes they checked to make sure that the other two had not remembered what happened, but Vincent assured them that the spell would last weeks.

The conversation was going pretty well between then, it was everything so calm  and nice that... they hardly expected the tavern door to be simply broken open by a wounded man, screaming for help.
There was a storm outside now, the man's clothes and armor were completely wet with rainwater and blood. Everyone rushed to help him, but he could barely speak. - "We need a cleric!" A random voice shouted to everyone in the tavern.

- "I'll try to heal him." Dream said, stepping forward and casting his healing spell.
The man's health seemed to improve, but Dream knew there was no more he could do to save that man's life. They needed to be quick to find out what had happened.

- "What happened to you? Who hurt you?" Zelk was the first to ask. They could see on the pendant that held his cloak was a brooch with the coat of arms of the kingdom of Ghanor, indicating that this man was a royal guard.

- "We do not have much time. The necromancer, Zamir, attacked the royal entourage and captured the princess. You have to save her. You need to follow the trail, they must not be too far." The guard said, his voice almost cracking and fading.

- "Where did he take her? How can we help?" Zak asked, but the man could no longer hear him anymore.

The group of, now companions, looked at each other and Dream only nodded, confirming that this man had died.

- "What should we do? We know nothing about this necromancer. We didn't get information in time, and now this man is dead." Finn said.

- "I know a few things about him." Everyone then stared at Vincent, who with a thoughtful expression began to explain to the others what he knew. - "For a long time the kingdom of Ghanor has been fighting Zamir with all their forces. He is known as the Great Red Dragon. Not even the most powerful magician in the kingdom could defeat him."

- "And how could this man think we could do it? We're screwed, there's nothing we can do." Zak said, George and Zelk nodded, agreeing.

- "We need to try! He counted on us and I'm sure this goes beyond a problem that involves only one kingdom."

- "You're right. It's a much bigger problem than it sounds. We need to do something." Vincent said.

- "But what can we do?" Bad, who remained quiet until now, asked.

- "He told us to follow the trail. Sounds like a good start." Dream suggested and everyone else nodded.
                                  ...

So then, the new group of companions agreed to go on this completely unexpected journey, with the new unexpected friends that they made in the most unexpected way. They certainly didn't know what to expect from the future, but they were determined to complete the newest, and perhaps biggest quest they have ever faced in their entire lives.