6. Finally Home

One Week Later

I felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest making it hard to breath. The light coming from, well where ever the hell it was coming from it was bright as hell. It felt like a tube or something was in my throat making it also hard to breath. What ever it was, it was making me want to take it out. I wanted to left my arm to take it out but they felt heavy and sore. One more than the other. This caused me to panic even more. I couldn't fucking breath. I opened my eyes squinting them at how bright the damn room is. Where the hell am I? Last thing I remember was-

Being thrown off a cliff. The force of RPG throwing me off a cliff. The mission.

The boys.

Ignoring the pain that shot through out my body. They had to be okay. They meant the world to me.

"Y/N please calm down. Everything is okay. Just relax." I heard her voice right next to my ear. It was followed by a sharp pain coming from my upper arm. Then everything faded and I passed out.

*

When I woke up again it wasn't as hard to breath as it was before nor was it as bright as before. I wasn't confused on where I was either. My body was still in pain but not as much. The doctors probably gave me something for the pain. But what I did feel was a warm hand holding mine. I looked towards my right and felt my heart rate pick up. There she was. Taylor.

She turned her head at the sound of my breathing evening out. She smiled at me with those beautiful, breathtaking blue ocean eyes. They filled with tears. She brought the hand she was holding to her lips gently kissing the back of my hand. Her hold on my hand never wavering. With that same hand, I gave her hand a slight squeeze. She cried as she held my hand. She looked so relieved, happy, tired. I could only imagine how tired she was. Before I went off to the mission I was able to face time Taylor and she just got home from the reputation tour.

"I was so scared." My heart broke at the sound and sight of her crying. I went to say something but couldn't cause my mouth felt so dry. But I couldn't drink cause of the mask that was over my mouth and nose, she pushed the button to call a nurse. She went to say something but was stopped when the door to the room opened.

"Ah Y/N you're awake. How are you feeling?" The doctor asked in a whisper.

"T-the boys. My ca-captains name-Jeffrey Morgan. Yes they are fine. Some broken bones, gun shot wounds, nothing life threatening. They are okay." He smiled down at me.

"Now how are you feeling."

Since I really couldn't speak I showed him a thumbs up with the hand Taylor was holding. He smiled letting out a small chuckle. "Alright. Just take it easy okay. I can see that your whizzing a lot. That's normal after a collapsed lung and broken rips. With time you'll be able to breath fine. Your other injuries. You have a broken leg, gun shot wounds on your lower stomach, hip, bicep. Your right lung collapsed during surgery, which is why I want the oxygen mask to stay on. Your leg is healing just fine. Give it a month or two and we'll see how it is for the cast to come off." I nodded the best I could. I could tell that Taylor was trying her best not to cry in front of the doctor.

"Just try to relax Ms.Y/LN you've been asleep for a while." My eyes widen at the news. A while. How long was a while? "A nurse will be here shortly to give you some medication." He smiled and walked out of the room closing the door. I turned my head to look at Taylor.

"Hey baby." I tried to say but it came out as whisper and mostly muffled cause of the mask. Her eyes filled with tears as she sat up correctly and leaned forward quickly but carefully and gently bringing me into a hug. She held me like she was scared to let go. I felt her tears wetting my neck as she buried her face into it. I held her closer to me ignoring the pain I felt.