5. Please Don't Leave Me

The young marine was rushed into the helicopter with a few medics on each side. She could faintly hear some of the medics calling out for her. She could also faintly hear the sound of gun fire.

"J-Jeff?"

"I'm here kid. Fucking stay awake, you hear." The youngest member of the squad tried to blink the tiredness away but it was becoming stronger and stronger.

"T-Taylor."

"Ssh I'll call her as soon as we get to the base. Just stay the fuck awake." The girl barely had the strength to nod. All she could focus on was the girl that was on her mind. The woman who captured her heart and refused to let it go. She wanted nothing more to have her in her arms or be in her arms. She knew this job was dangerous but ever since she was a child she wanted to be a marine. As years went by the dream became even more reachable. She knew it was dangerous but she was willing to risk if it meant keeping her home and loved ones safe. Including her lover.

Her parents were like her best friends. She loved them so much and they helped the best they could when they could. The only sibling she had was in a different country and they weren't as close as they were when they were kids. Her older brother was thirty three years old.

So with her buddies back with their families she figured she'd stay home for a bit. That's when she met Taylor at the bar.

Things from that moment just seemed to look up.

*

May 2017

I chuckled at seeing Taylor trying on my marine combat jacket. It's been about three months since we've met. Ever since then we always met up at the bar or anywhere else. I wasn't stupid I knew exactly who she was. If I was any younger I'd be completely freaking out but ever since I joined the marines I learnt to be a whole lot calmer. Well I mean I did have my moments.

Today I was planning on introducing Taylor to my teammates. Jeffrey lives not that far from where I live so it was great. His wife, Hilarie is having a baby shower and he asked me to go. I missed the boys so I said yes.

"That looks good on you." I saw her jump slightly and turn around with my jacket still on her. I could see her cheeks turning a slight color of pink. We've had so many times where we'd almost kiss. We'd be so close and all one of us had to do was move an inch and are lips would touch. She's made me feel things I swear I've never felt. Not even for the first person I thought I loved. 

"Thank you. But it looks a whole lot better on you." She said she slid the jacket off and hanged it back in my closet. I smiled saw the the zipper of her dress was not all the way up. I walked to her my hand on her shoulder gently turning her. Her cheeks turning a whole lot more pink but I made it seem like I didn't see it. I saw the goosebumps forming when my fingers grazed her back as I zipped the dress. She looked at me with this look in her eyes, we were somewhat the same height, well not really I was three inches taller than her. That's if she's not wearing heels.

"Can I say something crazy?" I nodded as she looked at my eyes and then done to my lips.

"Can I kiss you." I could only nod cause I wasn't expecting that. Next thing I knew Taylor cupped my cheeks and our lips were meeting. The kiss was slow, it wasn't rushed, it was just right. Our lips moved in perfect sync. She smiled into the kiss causing me to let out a small laugh.

"What's so funny?" She bit her lip as she looked at me.

"It's just that I've never felt like this before." She creased my cheeks and the fucking butterflies were going crazy. If I was saying her cheeks were pink mine were most likely hot pink.