2. Timeless

1900 Hours

She didn't feel anything. She knew she broke a bone or two, maybe even more. But yet she couldn't feel the pain. Maybe it was the morphine Harry gave her. Or was it Jeff who gave it to her. She wasn't really sure. But it was dark when she opened her eyes. She couldn't see anything but the moon. The moon. It looked beautiful from where she laid.

She figured that if it was the last thing she'd see. It'll be okay.

She couldn't help but smile slightly at it. She remembered, she remembered when her best friend, how she would always tell her about the moon. How that if she was gone just to talk to the moon and pretended that it was her. How the Y/HC haired girl was like the moon to her and she was the sun to her best friend. The story she was told about the moon and the sun. Even after years of not seeing her and not knowing why she left. The Y/HC haired girl still cared about her. She'd always love the Cuban just not like before. Even after years of not seeing the Cuban anymore the Y/HC haired girl would always have a soft spot for the older girl. She'd always love her just not like that. Her heart was already owned by someone else.

A certain blonde.

But she did wonder if Karla ever thought about her. She wondered if she ever crossed the Cubans mind. She wondered if the Cuban still looked at pictures of them when they were kids. Her mom still had some. She admits that she hasn't seen those pictures in a while. But she did have one picture of her once best friend. She had two pictures in her right vest pocket under one of ammo clips was a picture of Karla and herself when they went to the fair. It was the first time she won something for the Cuban. It was a small koala bear. In the picture it showed them standing close together. The Y/BH haired girl only stood an inch taller than the Cuban. She had her arm wrapped around the Cuban as she hugged the koala and the slightly taller girl close to her.

The other picture is of her blonde best friend, who was now something more. She never felt like this for someone. Not even for Karla that is. After a long heart wrenching months of being alone with no best friend. The father of the marine thought that moving away would have been a good idea. Not to mention that his business was doing a whole lot better in Oregon. So they moved there. She thought that maybe this change would have been good. Karla would always have a special place in her heart maybe not as a lover but as an old friend. The picture of her and the blonde was cute, 'quite fucking adorable' as Jeffrey would put it. The blonde stood tall next to the marine. Yes the marine was tall just not when the blonde was wearing heels. She stood next to the blonde in her marine uniform hugging the singer with a big smile on her face. The blonde also had the biggest smile on her face. You'd be able to see the twinkle in her blue eyes as she rested her cheek on the Y/HC haired girls head hugging the marine close to her chest.

She wanted to take out the picture and look at it but then again she didn't have the strength to.

"Just a few more hours. Back up will come soon. Stay with me Y/NN." She couldn't make out the voice but as the hours passed. It felt timeless. Like time wasn't passing at all. Like it had no end.

She didn't know how they got away from the rebels. She only hoped that everyone made it. She tried to sit up but was held down.

"That's not a good idea. Stay still." She was told by who she thinks was Mason.

She soon drifted off once again.

Thinking about a certain blue eyed girl. Hoping, praying that she'll see her again.

*

0100 Hours

"Move now! Give her some morphine. We're losing her. Charge the defibrillators."

The voice sounded distant. It all sounded like words bunched up together. She couldn't really make out what was happening or what was being said. But she couldn't feel the pain she once felt. The pain that was unbearable was now...gone. She couldn't feel anything. It was like someone took all the pain away. And all she could see was the bright light that was coming from the ceiling.

That's when she felt everything just stop and her vision go black.

*

June 2010

"What do you want to do when you grow up Y/NN?" The younger girl looked up from eating her ice cream at the Cuban. She quickly wiped her mouth with a napkin.

"Uh I don't know. I've always wanted to be a cop or maybe a lawyer. Something important. I wanna help people, save lives. So maybe a doctor. I'm not sure yet. What about you?" The Cuban smiled up at the younger girl reaching over and wiping the ice cream that was on the corner of the Y/HC haired girls lips. The younger girl blushed and wiped her mouth again.

"A singer. I want to sing in big stadiums. Where there are all sorts of people singing along to my songs. Where people look at me and think 'wow she's incredible' I wanna write my own music, let people know that what they are filling they aren't alone. Help people with my music and just sing my heart out." The younger girl smiled at the Cuban.

"You will KC. Your voice is...just amazing. It's so unique and extraordinary. It's meant for others to hear not just me and your family. You'll be a big artist along with people like Beyoncé or Taylor Swift. They'll want to be your friend. Your voice, you in general are so extraordinary to be doing something simple like being a teacher or something. You are meant to shine and show others how freaking amazing you are. And when you are a big artist I'll be in the front row of every concert cheering you on. Well mostly all of them. But I'll be your number one fan. But I already have that title. Your other fans would be jealous." The Cuban smiled widely at the younger girl through teary eyes. She leaned forward and pecked your cheek before pulling you into a hug.

"Thank you Y/NN." The younger girl blushed and hugged her back just as tight.

*

January 2012

"Are you sure it'll be okay?"

"Of course I mean. I really love you. Do you..do you not want to?"

"Of course I want to. it's just ugh I'm nervous." The Cuban whined as she put her head in her hands.

"Oh is it because your parents are religious. Cause mine are to but they aren't that religious. They can't argue since they don't go to church every Sunday. They go like once every six months. So if they say that it's against religion or something. I'll tell them that if they really want to pull that religious card on me then you'd go to church every week. But they don't cause they say it's boring and they get sleepy when with the father is talking. Well dad says that. I don't know about mom though."

"We'll get through this. I love you and they can't change that."

But apparently her parents could change that for her.

*

Walking down the street with a smile on her face she made her way to her best friends house with two ice creams in her hands. She figured that after Karla talked to her parents she'd want some ice cream.

She hoped that everything went okay.

When she told her parents they were confused well mom was but dad took it well. He didn't really mind. Which made the younger girl feel a bit better and at ace. But she didn't want her mother to hate her. So she figured she'd give her mom some space.

The younger girl turned a corner her smile fading at what she saw. A moving truck packing up everything.

"Uh e-excuse me, sir?" The man turned around from putting the last box into the truck.

"What's up kiddo?"

"Um the family that lived here, where are they?"

"Oh they moved last night. Hired us to move their things. Quite in hurry to to get out of here if ya ask me. Don't know where they went can't help ya there kid."

*

Hope y'all enjoyed