Chapter 12

Uvaldo's POV

Harlyn Hope, the CEO of HH hotels and spas, looked down at the contract in front of him then pushed it towards me, "You made the right choice, it's a good deal."

I nodded my head and smile at my best friend. "So you think it's going to be successful?" Who better to ask about business success? Harlyn had started his business on his own, without the help of his family's money, and now he owned over fifteen hotels and around twenty spas all over the world.

He nodded with a smile, "Of course. Dura Investments deserve an owner like you,"

I smiled, "Thanks, man. I really appreciate it."

"That's what friends are for."

Harlyn and I met at a party around four years, and we hit it off almost immediately. He was funny. He even taught me a few things about women, how to differentiate between the gold-diggers, virgins and the gays. He also showed me some practical ways of picking up women, but I barely used them. Growing up with my mother taught to me better. Women weren't just objects; they are to be loved and respected. But don't get me wrong, I still have a few one night stands now and again. A man has to enjoy himself, and I'm single, why not enjoy the single while it last? I didn't have anyone waiting for me at home.

As I thought of home, I remember how wrong I was. I do have someone special at home waiting for me, but she wasn't mine yet.

Forbidden territory.

She said she was twenty, but I knew she was lying. There is no way that she could be older than eighteen, especially since she looked like she was sixteen.

"Hey, is everything okay?" I lifted my head to look at Harlyn, who was staring at me looking concerned, "You were frowning."

I shrugged, "It's not important."

"You sure?" he asked, looking at me intently.

I nodded my head and offered a small smile while I battled with the idea of trying to keep Tiffany a secret. I couldn't tell anyone about her since she asked me not to and since she might be underage and living with me. Our situation is also a bizarre one, a pregnant homeless teenager living with the stranger she met. That would kill the papers, and my reputation would blow up in flames. 

I couldn't afford that, mostly since I worked so damn hard to reach the top.

My attention drifted back to the man in front me who was currently pulling back his chair, so he could stand, "I wish I could sit and chat with you some more, but I have a meeting in the next hour and then a long journey to the beach house." he paused then sighed, "Monthly family dinner is tonight."

I laughed at him, "Well, good luck."

He stood from the chair then move towards the office door, "Thanks, I'm going to need it. See you soon, I'm leaving for Rome on Friday, but when I come back, we should link up." Harlyn had a beautiful family, who loved and cherish him, except his brother, Joesph; who hates his guts and the feeling was mutual. It's always hell when the two of them are in the same room for more than five minutes.

I nod in agreement, "Sounds like a plan."

He waved before exiting my office and closing the door behind him.

As soon as Harlyn exited my office, my mind went to Tiffany. I looked at the clock that laid on the wall in front of me.

1:23

Tiffany has been by herself for five hours. She said she would spend her time reading and watching tv, but that can become boring, especially since she isn't used to watching TVs.