Epilogue

Five years later.

 "Jamaica, take that pillow off Aaron's face right now!"

Jamaica looked up at me from the task of smothering her uncle, but she made no effort to move. "But Mommy, he started it." she pouted. "He called me a baby."

I sighed, "Jamaica, you're hurting him. Please get up." I tried to be as calm as possible; she was five, so she didn't know the harm a pillow can cause.

She lifted the pillow off Aaron's head.

"Apologize," I commanded.

Jamaica looked down at her uncle, "I'm sorry, Aaron."

Aaron smiled at her, "I'm okay, Jammy." he stood and wrapped his arms around her, "I'm sorry too." I smiled at the scene in front of me. Aaron was four, so they have been growing up together.

They were more like brothers and sisters, rather uncle and niece.

"They've been fighting again, haven't they?" Valdo asked, walking into the room.

I nod my head, "It's an every hour occurrence." They couldn't help themselves.

Valdo chuckled and walked over to me. He placed a soft kiss on my lips then bent to place one on my stomach, "Are you gonna fight your big sister when you come?"

"No, daddy. I won't with fight him. I will play with him and kiss him. We're going to have so much fun." Jamaica said giggling. She was super excited to be having a baby brother. She told everyone she met.

"Me too!" Aaron was equally excited. He was getting a boy to play with.

Valdo stood up, "C'mon kids, it's bedtime."

Aaron pouted, "Do we have too?"

Valdo nodded. "Yes, it's past your bedtime."

"When is mommy coming home?" my baby brother asked, looking at me. My mother had a soft spot for Aaron. She'd give in to his pouts and allow him to go bed later than usual and that's why he was asking for her.

"Your parents will be back today," I answered.

"Yay! I miss daddy and mommy."

"I miss them too, now come on. Let's get to bed." Valdo held his hands out to the kids, and they took it.

"Goodnight, mommy." Jamaica came up and kissed my cheeks.

"Goodnight, Jakky." He followed his niece and placed a kiss on my cheeks as well.

"Goodnight, kids." Then they walked out of the room, leaving me alone.

I looked on the ground that was filled with dolls and toys. There's no way I'm bending to pick up those. Aaron and Jamaica will pick them up first thing in the morning.

I turn and walk towards my bedroom. I took my slippers off and went on the bed. I stared at the ceiling and smiled.

Valdo and I have been married for five years, and it's been the best five years of my life. Never has there been a day when I regret meeting Valdo. There were times when I thought about what might have happened if we never met, but it made me sad. I couldn't imagine life without him.

As promised, Valdo stood by me for four years while I completed my degree in psychology at Columbia University. I graduated with first-class honours six months ago. I now work at the counsel single mothers at the centre. 

My life was surrounded by happy people who loved and cared for me.

My mom and Eric were happily married with a kid and one on the way. We were excited when we found out that we were both pregnant at the same time and had conceived our baby the same weekend in Rome.

Hannah and Kevin just finalised the adoption of their three kids. The eldest was Monroe, who was twelve, Jessi, who was nine and Mary-Jane who was five. They were all abandoned at a young age, so they needed the love and protection Hannah, and Kevin could offer them. They were shy at first, but when they realised the love everyone shared for each other, they blend perfectly.

Zuria and her husband gave birth to their third child last week. It was great to see that she took the risk and loved again.

Emily met a charming Italian while we were in Rome. They've been married for six months. 

The only sad part was that we still had no idea what happened to Christina.

"What's wrong?" Valdo asked, coming up to me.

I lifted my head and looked at him, "Oh nothing. Just thinking about how everything has changed in the last five years."

He laid on the bed beside me, "You were frowning."

"Oh. I was thinking about Christina. She just disappeared." She would be nineteen now, old enough to get away from her parent's command.

"Would you like me to hired someone to look for her?"

I looked and smiled, "You would do that for me?"

He grinned and moved me to him, "Of course. I'd walk on the sun if you asked me to."

I laughed, "You would die if you even went close to the sun."

"Exactly. I'd die for you."

My heart warmed. I smiled at my husband, "I love you."

He placed his lips on mine and kissed me softly, "I love you, more." 

..............

Thank you so much for spending your valuable time reading my book. I really appreciate your warm and loving comments. 

Did you enjoy reading this book?

There will be a BOOK TWO,  Valdo and Jakobia will also appear in the following books:

>The Return of Don Giovanni-Zuria's Book(Available on my page)

>The Playboy's Seduction-Eric and Gizelle (Coming 2021)

>The Secret Billionaire's Holiday Affair -Emily's Story (Coming 2021) 

>Beautiful and Bitter-Christina (Coming 2021)