The Raid

Our training tells us that we should be calm in the van, but this is a different story, all of us are fidgety. We got a call for a search warrant on a house in Patch, normally this is just a standard raid. The issue is, a hiker walked past the house and heard screaming from the inside, that was when he called the police. Normally, we would send an officer over and be done with it, the only problem with that is, we did, and he didn't return to the station. We arrived outside the house and loaded our weapons. There are two floors to check. We have Canine officers on standby, as for who I am going with, I have Toby, a guy who has been on the force for years, he is also a good friend of mine. Darwin, this is his first raid, but he seems promising. Logan, this is his second year as a SWAT officer and Judah, who is a Canine officer with Xavier, and about six other guys who I am not familiar with.

Toby: Someone get top.

Me: I got top.

We passed over to the door with no issues from the top floor. I am on the right side with Toby on the left. I started pounding on the door and shouting.

(0:00 - 0:03)

At this point, we are expecting resistance, but our response was muffled screaming. I immediately started to kick through the door, forcing it open in two kicks before rushing in. My fellow officers yelling commands along with me. I decided to go up the stairs, but followed policy and called an officer to me.

Me: Need one over here!

Toby: I got you!

Toby ran up to me, and we started to climb the stairs, checking above us while Toby was watching in front of us. There are only a few rooms on the top floor. We heard whispering from the one next to us.

???: Don't fucking scream again, or you're gonna get it worse later.

I made my voice a hushed whisper.

Me: Stack up.

We stacked up against the door, getting ready to enter the room.

Toby: I'll kick it open, you go in first.

He kicked the door open and I moved in, seeing the person we are after, Taiyang Xiao Long, along with three girls. I immediately started shouting commands at him.

Me: POLICE DEPARTMENT, GET ON THE FUCKING GROUND.

He decided to rush me, and Toby tased him.

Toby: Taser Taser Taser!

He is damn lucky, I was about to shoot his ass. I moved forward and got my knee on him, pulling his hands behind his back, while Toby cuffed him.

Me: Take him downstairs and make sure he doesn't move, I need to see about these girls.

They are very obviously either kidnapped or being abused. People in this situation aren't usually hostile, and I could see the pleading look in their eyes. I cut the ties behind their backs and took the tape off their mouths. I was surprised by the three of them hugging me instantly and crying.

Me: I'm going to take you guys downstairs, you guys are going to need to make a statement, do I need to call an ambulance, are any of you hurt?

Shortest: M-M-My M-M-Mom t-tried t-t-to protect u-us.

Blonde: She gets hurt when she tries to protect us.

Me: Alright, I'll call an ambulance for your mother, until then, let's get downstairs and join the other officers, alright?

They requested that I go in front of them, so we went down the stairs, and they joined one of the other officers, and since I am one of the arresting officers, I returned to Tai, while calling an ambulance for the Mother.

Me: 11-41

The dispatcher is used to short messages and replied with one for herself.

Dispatch: 10-4

I reached Toby and Tai, and we got him up and started walking toward the truck.

Me: Taiyang Xiao Long, you are being placed under arrest, from this point forward, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say, can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and have him present with you while you are being questioned. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to represent you before any questioning if you wish. You can decide at any time to exercise these rights, and not answer any questions or make any statements. Do you understand each of these rights I have just explained to you?

Tai: Yes...

Me: With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to us?

Tai: Fuck off.

Me: Alright man.

We put Tai in the car and slammed the door. At this point, he is under arrest for a multitude of things, including, but not limited to Domestic Abuse, Child Abuse, a few minutes ago, the Canines found multiple kilos of Cocaine along with a stolen firearm, so possession of Cocaine, and possession of a stolen firearm. More charges may present themselves later, but as of now, this is what he is being charged with. The ambulance arrived at the scene, and they loaded the mother, who has now being recognized as Summer rose, and her daughter Ruby Rose, along with Tai's other daughter, Yang. They all got loaded into the ambulance, but I got a radio message that they requested my presence in the ambulance. Technically I'm not supposed to do this, but they have said that they won't feel safe unless they have an officer with them, and I don't blame them.

Toby: I'll finish up here, get your ass to that ambulance.

I nodded and jogged over to the ambulance, putting my rifle on safe and attaching it to the magnets on my back. I stepped into the ambulance and saw that Summer was on the gurney, while Yang and Ruby are next to her. I sat on the other side and took my helmet off. I have some kind of experience with comforting people in distress, specifically women, as in my line of duty, I have comforted more than one woman in distress. I gently took Summer's hand into mine and started to trace circles on the back of her hand. That made her realize I was there, while Ruby couldn't stop staring at her Mother, and Yang was out of it.

Summer: O-oh! I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were here yet.

Me: It's fine, the ambulance is going to start moving soon.

Summer: Are my girls okay?

Me: Yeah, they're next to you.

Yang broke out of her trance.

Yang: What is happening to Tai?

Me: He's going to jail, no doubt about it.

Ruby: What are his charges?

Me: He has a long list. One of them being possession with intent to distribute cocaine. You will more than likely have to testify against him in court. Until then, Summer will be in the hospital for her injuries.

Summer: Where will my girls stay?

Me: Do they have anybody that they can stay with?

Summer: Their uncle is out on missions for a few months, and their aunt disappeared.

Not knowing what to do at this point, I offered a solution.

Me: I'm not really supposed to do this, but I have an apartment that they can stay at with me while you recover.

Summer: Thank you, I'm going to go to sleep now.

Me: Alright, goodnight then.

We got to the hospital several minutes later, and I helped check her into a room. She is going to be in the hospital for about two weeks. When visiting hours ended, I took the girls back to the station and dropped my gear off, before going back to my apartment. Now we have an issue, my apartment only has one bed.

Me: You guys sleep in the bed, I'll take the couch.

Ruby: Can you please stay in the room?

There is no argument that I am able to make, so I moved one of my beanbags into the corner of the room and plopped down onto it.

Me: Wake me up if you get scared, alright?

They nodded, and I waited for them to fall asleep, before falling asleep myself.