Chapter 14

*Five days later*

Beca has been having the best time with Jesse. She'd been in Maine for 3 days. The two went to bars and visited places they used to go as kids. Beca still couldn't get Chloe off her mind. It was as if she was everywhere. Beca saw her in every little thing.

"You've gotta stop thinking about her Bec." Jesse says sitting down.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Beca replies taking a swing from her beer bottle.

"Yeah you do. When you think about her you look sad and stare into space. Not a good look shorty." He laughs pushing her in the shoulder.

"I shouldn't have left. We could've sorted shit out but I was a pussy and ran away from everything. I fucked up Jess." Beca sadly says.

"Yeah honestly Bec, you did" Jesse says sympathetically.

"I'm gonna go to bed." Beca says getting up and heading to the spare bedroom she had been staying in. "Night Jess."

"Night Bec." Jesse smiles looking at his watch. "Perfect timing." He says to himself grabbing his keys. He quietly closes the front door and gets into his car. He starts his drive to the airport to pick up a certain red head.

*Next Morning*

Beca wakes up to the sun blinding her. She turns to look at the time and reads 11:08 a.m.
After a lot of debating she pulls herself out of bed.

As she makes her way down the staires she smells pancakes being made. The smell of pancakes always reminded her of the ones Chloe would make for her sometimes. Chloe made the best pancakes.

She went into the kitchen and seen the plate of pancakes sitting on the island. She grabbed one and threw it on a plate.

"Didn't know you could cook Jess." She shouts to wherever her best friend was.

As she started eating the food she slowly realised how much they tasted like the ones Chloe used to make. Nah there's no way.

She finished the food and left the plate in the sink. As she turned around she met two piercing blue eyes.

"C-C-Chloe?"