chapter 14

"Ariana?" I gasp.

She doesn't take her eyes off of Crawford. Why am I getting jealous? Is that bad. I mean she is about to kill him. Of course that's not gonna happen. I can't let that happen.

"What's wrong? I thought you would want him dead after he lied to you." My dad says innocently.

"The one that I want dead is you." I scoff.

"You realize with one single word a bullet will go through his head, so if I were you I'd watch myself."

"Why shoot him?" I ask.

"Hillary what are you doing?" Austin whispered pulling me a bit back.

"Why not shoot me instead? I'm the one you want dead." I continue.

"Oh, honey that's not how it works." he smiles. "I think it's better to kill everyone around you first. Then I will deal with you."

"Why are you doing this? They have nothing to do with the fact we hate each other."

"Look I dont want to do this."

He begins to say but I cut him off.

"Then don't."

"I won't have to if you hand over your powers."

"First of all I have no idea how to do that. And second of all why do you want them. Not even I want them" I'm pretty sure none of us want our powers but we can't just hand them over. I wish it was that easy.

"If you don't want them give them to me. I'll show you how."

"And how do I know you won't kill us anyways?" I ask.

"What do you want me to do? Promise?"

"I don't trust you."

"I'm not asking you to trust me. I simply want what you have. And if you do hand them over I'll allow you to leave with your friends to your world and live happily ever after." he smirks.

I still don't trust him. But how else will we get out? I can't risk getting one of us killed. But if I do give him my powers a lot more people will die.

A man walks in and we all turn to face him

He walks over to my 'dad' and whispers something.

"Okay, we will have to save this for later. We have another problem."

He leaves first and everyone follows behind him.

"And don't forget we have cameras." he tells us before exiting.

"What now?" Emma asks.

"I don't know." I reply.

We need to get out before they come back. I look around looking for  a way out.

This cage isn't so small me and Emma could probably fit through the bars.

I squeeze through the bars. It wasnt as easy as I thought it would be, but I made it.

Emma followed behind me. They left the keys hanging by the door.

I wasnt sure if they left them there because their stupid or they want us to try and get away. At this point im done second guessing. I rush over to the keys and back to the cage.

"here find which one it is and unlock it. Ill get crawford" I hand the keys to emma and hurry over to where crawford was.

I untie him quickly.