Chapter 21

My apartment was now done. Fully furnished and decorated to my taste and I loved it. I fell back onto my bed allowing the soft mattress to consume me.

These past 2 months have been hard but I overcame the struggles they withheld. Sam and I have grew even closer, she stayed by my side through the entire moving process and gave her thoughts on colours and designs for the apartment.

I hear my phone buzz pulling me out of my thoughts. I pick it up and look at the screen.

Sam   1 minute ago.
Are you still picking me up or will I start walking now? X

I smiled before replying.

Karin
Yeah I'll be there in 5 x

I got up onto my feet and pulled my jacket on before grabbing my keys and heading out the door.
A few minutes later I pulled up outside Sams house before shooting her a quick text.

Karin
Outside x

A second or two later Sam emerged from her front door locking it behind her before walking towards the car and getting in the passenger seat.

"So breakfast?" I questioned her.
"Definitely" she smiled back. I turned on the ignition and drove to a local diner a few minutes away from campus.

We sat in a booth ordered. "So it's your first training back since your injury today isn't it" Sam asked. "Yeah I really can't wait to get back into it, I've missed it a lot" I chirped in response.

She nodded her head and the waitress came over and put our plates down on the table. Her stare lingered on Sam a little too long for my liking. "Is there anything else I can get you" she asked Sam directly.

"Umm no I'm good, do you need anything Karin" she asked me. "Not right now" I replied plainly. She smiled at Sam and then walked away to another table.

"What is it with horny waitresses these days, all I want to do is get my fucking food" Sam protested.
I let out a chuckle before shaking my head "I haven't a clue" I said.

We finished our food and the same waitress as earlier came over with our bill."Here you go" she said putting it on the table before handing Sam a piece a paper with her number then saying "call me".

I start to laugh. She gave me a glare "what's so funny" she snapped. "The fact you think you have a chance with her" I said with a light laugh. "And what, you do?" she fired back.

"Who's the one sitting here having breakfast with her" I said before slipping $25 into the check book and getting up to leave. "Have a good day and keep the change as a tip" I added with a smirk before walking out with Sam.

Moments later Sam burst out laughing. "You did not just do that Karin" she squealed laughing and smacking me in the chest. "What she was making you uncomfortable" I shrugged my shoulders.

"Whatever you idiot, if we don't leave now we're gonna be late so hurry up" she said pulling me towards the car. I got in and drove us towards school.

I pulled into the parking lot and turned the ignition off. Opening the door I grabbed my bag from the backseat before locking it.

I turn around to head towards the main building when I see Jess leaning against her car, arms folded. "King" she called out.
"Not again" I heard Sam mumble from beside me.

"Jess what do you want now" I said shoving my hands in my jacket pockets. "Her" she replied nodding her head towards Sam. "For the billionth time it's not gonna happen now get over it" I retorted.

"Sam it's me or her" she said anger lacing her voice before poking her finger into my chest. "Jess don't fucking touch me" I said smacking her hand out of the way.