4

We finally reached my room and I sighed in relief, my shoulders slumping as I took comfort in the different shades of blue that decorated the walls, my favourites were the two walls that I had painted; the first was a dark midnight blue, on which ...

We finally reached my room and I sighed in relief, my shoulders slumping as I took comfort in the different shades of blue that decorated the walls, my favourites were the two walls that I had painted; the first was a dark midnight blue, on which I had painted big white fluffy clouds which surrounded Big Ben and various other buildings, based on the description my mum had given me of the night that my dad taught her and my uncles to fly.

And the second held a similar shade of blue although I had painted the Neverland map onto it. Harry looked at my walls before turning to me realisation clouding his features, "You're-" I sent him a tentative smile, "Willow Darling at your service." I said giving a half curtsy. He didn't say anything, instead he kept his wide eyes on me. At the sound of my voice my puppy came running to jump and paw at my legs excitedly, "hey Rascal, hey baby." I cooed bending down to pet him, giggling as he began licking my face. Rascal was a St. Bernard and Australian Shepard mix, and he was a grandson of Nana my mums childhood dog.

He quickly became bored of me and went to examine Harry, I remembered why we came back and grabbed a pair of clothes, and left Rascal with Harry, to get changed in the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror with a sigh as I ran my hand through my wet hair which was becoming tangled. Cringing as my wet clothes hit the tiled floor with a squelch, I looked at the shower beside me and decided a quick shower wouldn't hurt. I felt my muscles relax as the warm water ran over my cold body. I almost forgot about the situation going on until I heard Harry from the other side of the door. "Are yer having a shower?" He asked incredulously. "Yes," I paused for a moment before speaking again; "the enchanted lake may be enchanted but it's still a lake and I'm not gonna put clean clothes on if I'm not clean." I explain hearing a muffled laugh in response.

Once I was out and changed I stepped back into my room to see Harry laying on my bed, his legs crossed over each other and his arms resting behind his head with rascal curled up into his side, in my head I awwed at the sight. "Shoes off my bed." I pushed his feet down onto the ground as I walked past and sat at my dressing table.

"What are you doing?" He asked watching me pull my hairdryer out, "there's a crisis going on." He reminded me. "I know that but I can't go out with wet hair or I'll catch a cold plus it'd take the rest of them an hour to walk to Evie's house from where we were, and it's only been twenty five minutes so we still have thirty five minutes and I happen to know a shortcut which will take us ten minutes." I explain making him shrug and then turn to go through my things. I leave him be knowing it'll keep him quiet for a while.

Five minutes later when I was done I turned to him and scowled once I saw what he was reading. "Stop!" I yelled out startling him.

Faster than I'd ever moved before I snatched the book out of his hands and clutched it to my chest. Avoiding his prying eyes, I placed the book back in the drawer. "You can't read that." I continued in a much softer tone.

His ocean eyes were swimming with worry as I raised my head to meet his gaze, "love... what was in that book... you don't really think that... do you?" He asked hesitantly. Averting my eyes I gave a tentative nod. "Well um I used, to my therapist made me keep this journal but I don't really need it anymore." I explained with a nervous laugh before looking down embarrassed and ashamed.

Getting up from his place on my bed, Harry stood directly in front of me and gently placed his hands on my shoulders, "well you shouldn't because Willow, darlin you are without a doubt the most beautiful girl I've had the pleasure of laying my eyes on." He told me in a soft voice. I tried to fight the blush that began to creep up onto my cheeks. "Thanks, although you're the first person to tell me that." I shrugged avoiding his gaze, "I speak the truth though." He shrugged giving me a lazy smirk, taking a step closer to me, which made my heart flutter slightly, although I tried to ignore it. "Willow, everything you wrote in that book isn't true, I hope you know that." He tells me, making my eyebrows furrow; "why are you being so nice to me?" I asked him, I was so confused no one was ever this nice to me. His eyebrows also furrowed, "why wouldn't I be?" I didn't give him an answer because I immediately felt bad for judging him, and thinking he was just some really horrible maniac. "But to answer your question, I know how it feels to be alone and nobody deserves that." He frowns making me feel about a thousand times worse, and I had no clue on what I could've said without making him angry and making him hate me and so I did the only thing I could think of, I reached forward and wrapped my arms tightly around his torso.

Harry went rigid at my touch for a moment and just as I was about to pull away he suddenly wrapped his arms around me and then nuzzled his face into my neck, my heart began to pound violently and I could feel his doing the exact same, my palms began to sweat and my stomach began to churn, what on earth was happening to me? Once we pulled away both of our faces were flushed. "What was that for?" He whispered, his face only inches away from mine. My throat felt weird like I didn't even know how to speak. "Well like you said nobody deserves that especially not you or any of the kids on the isle." I reply.  An emotion I didn't recognise flashed across his face as we both began to lean, our lips were millimetres away from each other when the alarm I had set went off. Both springing apart we looked in different directions.

"Um we should get going now if we want to make it in time." I spoke up after a few seconds of awkward silence, "ahem, um yeah sure." Harry cleared his throat and craned his neck in an odd way.

As we walked through the forest the only sound was the leaves and branches crunching beneath my trainers. My mind was racing thinking of what I should say, why was this so hard? I guess I was thinking too hard because next thing I knew was hurtling towards the forest floor face first. A pair of steady hands gripped on to my waist and caught me, my arms instinctively went around Harry's neck as he looked down at me, holding me firmly, making sure I didn't fall. He placed me upright, "you alright lass?" He asked and I nodded, beginning to walk again before tripping over another branch, Harry grabbed my hand to help me walk without tripping.

"You're a clumsy duckling aren't ya?" He chuckled as red flooded my face, "I guess you could say that." I mumbled, "it's alright love, no need to be embarrassed, I think it's cute." He winked making me blush harder but smile, maybe I'd misjudged Harry.