Chapter 7

Jade's POV
*****************
It has been three days since the Nick visited my house. It has also been three days since Jada was in the hospital and she is no longer sick. 

I switched the alarm off after snoozing it twice. I decided to take the twins for a stroll in the park since we haven't been out much. 

"Excuse me Ma'am," I turned around to see a mailman holding an envelope. 

"Thank you" I took the envelope and brought it with me to the car. I placed both car seats in my car and made sure we had everything.

I opened the envelope and I was surprised to see the Smith Inc logo on the paper. I laughed silently while entering the car. I sat in the car and decided to open it. 

Dear Jade, 

            I know things did not end in the best way for us. We shouldn't have ended things at all and I blame myself every day. I should have trusted you but I didn't. I want to thank you for allowing me to see my children. The main reason for this letter is to tell you that I want to be apart of their lives. The time I spent with them opened up my eyes and I don't think I can go on without them. I hope we can work something out because the last thing I want to do is involve the court. 

                                   Love, Nick.

I rolled my eyes but it was not a bad idea. I fastened my seatbelt and checked on the girls in the backseat. 

"I'll always have your back angels" I cooed at them. 

I pulled up to the park and took the double stroller from the trunk. I placed the girls next to each other. The looked at each other and started smiling which caused me to smile, 

"Need a hand?" I heard someone say and I turned to see the one and only Antonio Espasito. He was Nick's biggest rival in business. They use to go back and forth for the first position. He stared at me and I looked away. 

He was undeniably sexy and he looked more like a Greek God. 

He held the stroller while I closed the trunk and brought the bags along. 

"Thank you," I said he nodded but still stood next to me. 

We walked in complete silence until the twins started crying. 

"I guess that is our cue to go home," I told him and he chuckled a little. 

"It was nice meeting you Jade," he said and I froze. 

"You know my name?" I asked in wonder.

"Yeah, you dated Nick," he said. 

He helped me to place the girls in their car seats and when we were about to part ways he spoke. 

"What about you join me for dinner on Friday?" he asks and I stopped in my path. 

"I don't know. I am not looking for any relationships right now. My main focus is on my babies and my career," I old him entering the driver's seat. 

"It doesn't have to be a date. We could go out as new friends and you can bring those two cuties too" he told me placing my hands into his pockets. 

"Let's make a deal, the next time you see me you can ask me that," I said and he came and stood right next to my window.

I gave him my phone and he placed his mobile number.

"I hope to see you soon, Ms. White" he grinned before kissing me on the cheek. 

I blushed and he saw which caused him to smirk. I waited until he made his way to is the car before I drove away. I turned to look at the twins and saw Jadeen frowning.

"Why are you frowning," I said making the same face and hers turned into a smile. 

"Aww you are so beautiful," I said to them although they could not understand. 

I arrived home and entered the house with the twins in both hands. Lily came down the stairs and took them from me and I made a trip back to the car. 

I was about to enter the kitchen when my phone started ringing. I looked at the unknown number contemplating whether or not if I should answer. 

"J-Jade" I heard my father's voice as soon as I answered. 

"Dad?" I asked in disbelief.

After the divorce, I lost contact with my family which was a bad idea. I knew I should have kept in contact with them, but my mindset was alot different back then. I was mad at the world and cut everyone off.

"Darling she answered," I heard him say to someone who I figured was my mom. 

"Put it on speakerphone," I heard my mother's voice and I became sad all of a sudden. It was torture not speaking to my parents especially on the important days when I should be showing them my appreciation.

"Jade," she said sniffling. 

"Yes Momma," I said tears now falling from my eyes. 

"We miss you so much sweetie, why did you not contact us?" she asked and her voice broke while asking. 

"I was heartbroken and wasn't thinking right".

~

"Did you mail the letter?" I ask Danielle. 

"Yes sir, but I have some news which you will not like," she said and I stared at her in confusion. 

"Jade was spotted with Antonio Espasito and the park," she said causing me to start laughing.

"You are mistaken because Jade would not do that whether we are together or not," I said with confidence. 

"Are you sure?" she answered smugly while pulling out her Ipad. 

She scrolled until he came to the picture that she wanted to show me. 

"Look" she pointed and I that Jade was indeed spotted with Antonio. 

"How do I know this photo is real?" I asked because that was one of the cause of our divorce. After finding out the photo was fake I had trust issues and needed everything to be checked just to be sure.

"Look Mr. Smith I say this with the utmost respect. I respect you but I don't see her doing anything wrong. You are both divorced and as far as everyone knows she is single. My job is to assist you with office work, not to be keeping tabs on your es-wife" she said to me and I frowned.

"Who is the one writing your checks? Like I said tell me why I should believe that the photo am seeing is real," I asked her again and she rolled her eyes.

"There is also a video of them."

                                            Edited