Chapter 28

Nick's POV
**************

After finding out what happened between Antonio and Jade I was mad. I thought that we could work things out and he together again.

"I was such a fool," I sighed rubbing my head. I was back home in my work office checking what I missed out on.

"Sir you have a meeting in 10 minutes," my assistant walks through my door.  The last thing on my mind right now was work and I knew that I wouldn't be able to be myself in the meeting.

"Can we cancel or reschedule?" I ask because honestly I was not in the mood for it.

"I don't think we can sir. The Millers have threaten to back out on the latest project," she reminded me.

The Millers were third in rank and if I was able to secure this ally then we would both be ranked first and second.

"Okay thank you" I told her.

I left the office with her walking next to me as I head to the boardroom where the meeting would me.

"Mr. Miller great to have you" I gave a fake smile while shaking his hands.

"Mhmm" he said without another word and takes a seat.

I sat at the head and listened while my assistant went over the plan. Once she started talking I got lost and blurred everything out.

"Sir!"

"Mr. Smith,"

I snapped out of my train of thoughts and looked at Elizabeth who was awaiting an answer.

"I beg your pardon" I said confused on what were were talking about.

"See this is not something I am looking forward to. It was a great thought but am pretty sure Mr. Espasito would be interested in this meeting" Mr. Miller nodded and left with his assistant.

I ran a hand through my head because I was not about to chase after him or beg him to reconsider.

"What's done is done" I told my employees and left heading straight for my office.

I packed all my stuff and left the office for the day.

When I got home my maid was already cleaning the place for my arrival.

"Thank you Margaret," I said going upstairs of my home.

I looked at the old pictures Jade and I had hanging on the wall.

*******

Jade's POV

"How are you holding up?" My mom ask entering my office. I was getting things ready for the new grand opening.

"I am happy but sad at the same time," I said sorting papers.

I got back to work because I missed managing my restaurant. This was the first thing I built for myself without anyone's help but mine.

"Honey have you spoken to Nick?" She ask sitting infront of me.

"I haven't got a chance to speak to him. He dropped the twins off and that was it,".

Nick has been ignoring me since what happened. I tried to call him but my calls would go straight to voicemail.

"I thought you guys were working on getting back together", she said while staring at me.

"Mom things just were not the same. I have love for him but am not in love with him anymore. I tried to make things work for the twins but we both would be miserable," I exclaim with a sigh. I was being truthful and upfront with how I felt.

"Okay I just wanted to know".

She soon left after telling me that her and my father will be leaving this weekend.

They were going on a vacation or a getaway for a month or so.

"Hey Bestie," Lily says entering the office and falling into the seat that my mother was just occupying.

"Hey" I reply typing on the computer.

The twins were with my dad spending a few days with them before they left for their trip.

"So how's baby boy?" She asked because she swears it's gonna be a boy.

I would be happy regardless but I was kinda hoping that it would be a boy.

"THE baby is doing great according to the doctors," I said. After finding out the news, Antonio and I were allowed to do a quick check up.

"So how does Antonio feel about this? It's not every time you get pregnant from a one night/ hookup" she says laughing.

"He is quite ecstatic about it," I answered rubbing the small pudge. There was now a small bump which was not really noticeable.

************

"Hey," I said greeting Antonio who was sitting in the living room.

A smile came onto his face which made one automatically grace mine.

"How was work?" he asks I sat beside him.

"It was manageable. I have been working on the grand opening for my new restaurant that is opening" I sigh.

"So I was thinking we should get to know each other better. Would you like to go on another date with me" he asks with a smile showing off his pearly whites.

"Of course" I said leaning my head on his shoulder and he placed an arm around me.

"Are you happy?" He asked out of the blue.

"Yeah I think so. Things are falling into place and am finally at a good place in my life" I whispered.

After everything that I have been through for the past two years, I finally feel at peace with myself. I got the closure that I needed and my daughters got the chance to meet their father.

My family is now whole again and the whole Sharon situation was drawn to a close.

She had a court date set and hopefully if all went according to plan then she would be spending a few years behind bars.

The new plan was moving back to California but I am happy where I am. A new and fresh start was what I needed.

"So, how do you think this will work out for us?" Antonio asked me and I looked at him.

"I don't want us to just get into a relationship because am carrying your child. The pace we are at is completely fine and I think we could make things work."

My life was whole again.