Chapter 8

Jade's POV
*******************

Lily followed me into my office and took a seat in front of me. She has been bugging me about the pictures that were floating around with Antonio and me. 

"What happened at the park?" she asked and I let out a sigh. 

"He came up to me and helped me place the girls in their strollers. When we were done he decided to walk with us and then invited us to dinner. I rejected the offer but I did tell him that the next time he saw me he could ask" I said with a shrug.

"Did he know that you are the ex-wife of his rival?" she asked and I nodded. 

"He sure did," I stated starting to arrange everything on my desk. 

"And he had no problem with it?" she asked and I groaned becoming irritated.

"No," I said rolling my eyes. 

Lily was my best friend but she can also be annoying like all best friends do. 

We spoke for a few minutes and changed the subject. It was time for Lily to clock in and begin her work. 

It was lunchtime when someone knocked on my door. 

"You have a special guest waiting for you," Lily said with a grin and I stared at her in confusion. 

"Who?" I asked standing up making sure my outfit was looking good. 

"You'll see" she stated while walking out and I followed behind her like a lost puppy. 

When we came to the table where the person was sitting I was shocked.

"Antonio," I said with a hint of shock. 

"Now let's see about that friendly date," he said with a smirk playing on his lips. 

"That was the deal," I said taking a seat opposite of him. 

"What brings you here?" I asked placing my elbow on the table. 

"A certain someone made a deal with me and I was passing by this restaurant and decided to stop," he said but it was a lie. 

"Yeah right," I replied causing both of us to start laughing. 

"Can I pick you up at seven?" he asked while standing up. One of my workers walked out with a to-go bag and handed it to him. 

"Thank you," he said before leaving some cash on the table. 

"Yes, I will text you my address" I smiled. 

He left and I turned around to see most of the people staring at me. 

"What are you looking at? Go back to work," I said in a joking manner. It was no secret that my workers can be very nosy but that's apart of the job, I guess.

I walked back to my office but did a quick stop to check on the girls. 

Lily followed behind me and I knew she would be throwing questions at me.

~

I sat in my bathroom while Lily was working on my makeup. As you may have guessed I have my dinner with Antonio in an hour. I was wearing a dark blue spaghetti strap Criss-Cross cut out bodycon dress. 

It hugged my figure in the right places. 

"Stop moving around," Lily said becoming impatient. 

I blame her for asking because I hated sitting in one place for too long. It was worse when I couldn't do anything I wanted. 

"But come on Lily, you know this is the first time I am going on a date since the divorce. I am a nervous wreck" I told her fidgeting with my hands.

"I know Jay but your makeup is almost done and he will be here soon," Lily told me adding the finishing touches.