Chapter 2: Bird Brain

(This chapter was written by a great friend. I'm extremely grateful for you helping me!)

"I'm leaving."
I explained, breaking the silence between the three of us. The 'three of us' meaning me, Bruce Wayne and his son, Damian, the newest Robin.
"And where do you think you are going?" Bruce asked, his piercing eyes looking down to me as I logged out from the computer, grabbing my mask and sliding it onto my face.
"June's in a bit of a stick, I'm going to get her." I said, walking past him. "Watch my back, ok?" He sighed, looking back to the computer, Damien not even batting an eye as he continued to type.
"Don't do something stupid." Bruce exclaimed to me sternly. I nodded, swinging a leg over my bike as it roared it's engine before I let go of the break, flying off out of the bat-cave and into the city.
I drove as fast I could, soon getting to the scene as red and blue lights flashed, the building still filled with the gas. It almost looked like a quarantine, June sitting on the steps waiting for me. I rolled up as she then saw me as a big smile went across her face. I threw her the bag of chips and a bottle of water she requested. "Come on, get on we don't have all night." I said to her with a smirk, her quickly getting on the back and gripping my shoulders.
"It took you long enough." she snickered as I rolled my eyes and driving off as quickly as I could, dodging cars as I went. "Sorry, didn't know what kind of chips you liked!" She then moaned, leaning back and still holding onto me.
"I told you already I liked salt and vinegar!" She complained, though I know it was just to tease me.

I paid more attention to the road at this point as I zoomed past oncoming traffic, dodging left and right. "Watch it bird brain!"
June called me from the back, gripping tight like she didn't want to fall.
" I know what I'm doing!" I called back, driving faster with the road soon coming to a busy intersection.
"Want me to drive?" She asked,a mischievous tone in her voice as she did, getting up closer as I leaned myself forward.
"No, you are a horrible driver!" I mused before going full throttle, ramping up off some construction and flying into the air, landing on the freeway and doing a quick U-turn with the tiers burning into the pavement.
"We should be getting close to him now!" June called, looking at her a hologram map coming from her wristband, a red dot blinking.
"How do you know that?" I asked, dodging car after car as swiftly as I can.
"I put a GPS tracker on him when fighting!" she happily boasted to me sounding proud of her work. I smiled and looked back to her
"That is actually really smart!". She then shrugged and leaned back still looking happier the ever, "Eh, I'm quick on my feet! Now! Eyes on the road bird brain!"

I drove as fast as I could, weaving in and out of traffic. The Madhatter was a few cars in front of us as he drove in and out passed cars to get away.

"I have an idea!" June quickly said, standing up and balancing on the back of the bike.
"June, sit back down now!" I yelled in a concerned tone, jolting to the right, going in between a few cars.
"Just keep it steady!" She yelled, placing a foot on my shoulder.
"JUNE!-" I couldn't let out another word as she leaped up, attaching herself to the edge of a transport truck aside of us, climbing up onto the top and running over. She jumped and rolled onto a small family van, waving to the two kids in the back before back flipping to another truck. I did my best to keep up, riding in between cars and all as she ran from roof to roof of vehicle They all honked to her, some happily and others angrily. June continued to run, gaining speed on the escaping hatter. She leaped as far as she could and gripped hold, the driver instantly swaying to a hard right to throw her off. I had to drive as fast as I could to at least stay within ten feet of her, June gripping onto the back before climbing up top and knocking on the drivers widow. "Knock knock!" she said before breaking in the glass, getting shot at once she did. She rolled back up to the top, the driver trying to shoot through the roof of the car. She then went to the right side of the back and swung in from an open window, kicking the hatter over where he was. "Sorry! Was this ride taken? I missed my cab!" she joked before duckin,g another masked man shooting at her from the passenger seat.
June kicked in the seat where the passenger is, them hitting their head on the dash as she then elbowed the hatter in the nose, him trying to reach for a weapon. "Sorry, no weapons allowed on the ride!" se said before punching him in the face and crawling up into the passenger seat, her kicking. "Hope you don't mind I ride shotgun?" she asked the driver, twisting their arm as they went to go shoot, the bullet breaking the window. "Oop~! Sorry mister!" she said, kicking them in the face and fighting for the wheel. Suddenly they all did a hard left, hitting the safety barrier on the highway which caused them to flip over to the other lane that went the other direction.
I groaned and drove down, doing a quick U-turn and driving back to the crash.The car had flipped, the hood on fire. Then here was June, kicking the door open and crawling out with a groan. She stood up wobbly, the car then blowing up as I tackled her over to the side. She was practically laughing with giggles, the adrenaline still flowing through her body. "That. was. AWSOME!" she squealed, proud of herself as she jumped up and hugged me. I then smiled and looked over to the explosion, the hatter lying limp on the ground within the distance. I then looked back at June and smiled, hugging her back.
"That was amazing what you did." I said feeling proud of her. Then out of nowhere,she shoved me down and flipped over me, kicking back the hatter who has stood up with a gun, aiming to me. "Put the gun down." she demanded, her weapon to his neck, making the electricity jolt freely for a moment as a warning. He smirked and laughed, loading back the gun. "What are you gonna do, shock me!?" he questioned before getting zapped by myself, him falling down to the ground shaking from the taze. "No she won't, I am going to though."
June blankly looked at me, hands on her hips.  "I could have done that you know." She muttered.
"Yeah, Right.."

"Dick, June." Bruce's voice boomed within the radio. He sounded...extremely pissed. "What the hell are you both doing causing explosions on the central freeway!" He said, raising his voice. "...Sorry." June whimpered, looking down to her feet. He groaned, sliding away from his computer. "Don't go anywhere, I will be down in a moment."