Chapter 5

3rd Person POV

Johnathan and Nancy were awoken in the morning by a noise in the kitchen. They figured Steve was up making breakfast.

They got ready for the morning and walked into the kitchen. Steve was alone making breakfast and when he saw them approach, he broke into a wide smile and said "Good morning!" In an overly jolly tone. The two made discreet eye contact, but greeted him back nonetheless. They sat at the table and Steve started to serve breakfast just as Billy came through the door.

Nancy and Johnathan smiled at him in greeting, as did Steve. As Billy passed the subs, he ruffled their hair and said "Morning kiddos."

Nancy frowned and said "Don't call us Kiddo! You messed up my hair!"

Billy chucked and Nancy didn't fail to notice the twinkle in his eye. Johnathan was quiet the entire time, but he spoke up when he realized something. "That thing you guys said last night about you treating us like kids because we acted like kids. You're really doing it."

Both Billy and Steve nodded their heads in agreement. Johnathan's frown deepened and he said "no! That's not fair! We act just fine!"

Steve said "Johnathan! Lower your voice. That right there is why we made this decision. You two have been acting a lot younger than I would like so, we are treating you like you're acting. All these tantrums and arguing does not befit two 16 year olds."

Johnathan and Nancy knew that he was right, but of course they wouldn't admit it.

Nancy frowned and yelled "You can't do this!!"

Steve furrowed his eyebrows and said "I didn't want to have to do this but, I am your dominant. You agreed to follow our rules! Billy and I want to try this out because clearly our old method wasn't working!"

At this, Nancy became quiet. She admittedly has been extra defiant the past week. She decided to just sit there and pout.

Johnathan on the other hand crossed his arms and looked grumpy. Billy and Steve found their antics incredibly cute!

Steve clapped his hands and said " okay! Let's have breakfast! 

The four moved to the kitchen table where Johnathan and Nancy's food was already cut up and waiting for them to eat. 

All they could do was comply with the treatment. It went on all day, from breakfast to "age appropriate" movies and tv to "playtime" and then lunch. It was all little kid treatment from there and the Jon and Nancy were fed up! 

The tipping point reached when Steve tried to put them down for a nap. 

Nancy shot up off the bed and yelled out "Okay! We get it. We're sorry and we won't act like kids again."

Johnathan also got off the bed and said "We promise!"

Steve and Billy made eye contact and had a silent conversation. They turned to the two subs and Billy said "How do we know that our point was made?"

Nancy breathed out and said "We have been behaving like kids and not the boyfriend and girlfriend we agreed to be."

With a satisfied smirk, Steve pulled his three lovers into his arms and they had a nice moment where there was only pure bliss. 

Billy was the first to pull away and say "We do not want to see such a display from you two ever again!" They all silently agreed to stay out of trouble for the time being. Johnathan said "We definitely learned our lesson there." 

Soon enough, Monday morning came around and the quad made their way to school in Steve's car. Mother henning as usual, Steve had to make sure that Jon and Nancy had all their things and their lunches that he packed with extra love that morning. 

Nancy, who couldn't leave well enough alone, had to just to stir up mischief that morning. 

Second period was English, one of the few periods that her and Johnathan shared. Mrs. Ferdinand assigned them one chapter of Grapes of Wrath that weekend and Nancy didn't do it even though she promised Steve that she did. 

The class came around and the teacher was asking questions to ensure that they did the reading. She asked Nancy "What are the circumstances that led the Joads to leave their farm?"

Of course she didn't know the answer and just had to be a smart aleck about it. "Because they were tired of farming?" This led to the class busting out in laughter and the teacher did not look impressed. 

"No Ms. Byers. Did you even do the assigned reading?" Nancy rolled her eyes in response. 

The teacher squinted her eyes and said "No worries. You can catch up on what you missed in detention. After school."

Nancy shrugged in indifference, but deep inside she felt uneasy. Detention? Billy hated it when any of them received detention. Something about respecting our teachers. 

When the teacher said this, Jonathan turned to her with wide eyes that said "What are you gonna do?!" 

Nancy thought about this question throughout her entire day. What was she going to do?

Finally the final bell rang and Nancy grudgingly made her way to the detention room. She figured she would indeed make the best out of this situation and complete her homework. Steve always did want her to do her homework straight after school. At least she was doing something right. 

When Johnathan arrived at Steve's house alone, the two doms noticed right away and started questioning him. "Where is Nancy?" Steve asked. 

Johnathan replied "She's still at school. She has detention."

Billy looked a bit upset and asked "Why?"

Jon said "She didn't do her homework for Mrs. Ferdinand's class and she had an attitude."

Billy narrowed his eyes and said "When she gets home......." Johnathan only downcast his eyes and worked on the little homework he had. 

When Any finally made her way home, she was met with stern glances from two directions, Before either of them could say anything, she said "I am so sorry! I didn't do my homework and I gave the teacher an attitude! I know I need to behave, but sometimes it just happens!"

Steve said "You lied to me. You said you got all your homework done."

Nancy lowered her head shamefully and said "I know. I'm sorry. I learnt my lesson in detention. I even did all my homework. Honestly, you can check!"

This time, Billy said "We are disappointed Nancy. You did your homework for today, so that's good but you still have a punishment from us."

Steve said "Firstly, for the time being, you will show your homework to one of us to make sure you actually did your homework. Secondly, your punishment will be lines. 200 lines of I will not lie to or disrespect anyone"

Nancy went straight to the table to get her lines done. Throughout the day, she truly felt bad for the way she acted. 

When she was finally done, she showed her lines to the doms and they happily approved. 

Just another day in the lives of Harringrove's babes!