Chapter 9

3rd Person POV

Nancy, Billy, Johnathan, and Steve were sat in Steve's room, contemplating what just happened with their parents. 

They all somewhat surprised them with the news that they were onto the secret of their relationship. Well, it's not so much a secret now that they know! 

It was a huge relief too! They no longer had to sneak around and constantly lie about their whereabouts! 

It's true that the parents weren't given all the details, but the information let on just enough to explain their obscure behavior. 

Billy, Johnathan, and Nancy knew they would have to go home with their parents soon enough and have a long talk with them. That's later though, right now, the four just want to soak up their preferred company. 

No words were exchanged. No one had the energy. 

----------

The four sets of sets were still sat in the living room. They wanted to give their children a chance to gain their bearings together before finally settling in at home and touching bases. 

The parents were also moderately quiet. While they were absolutely okay with their children's relationship, they still had to process what they were told. 

Finally, the Wheeler's, the Hargrove's, and Joyce Byers got up to leave, taking their children with them. At first it seemed cruel to separate them, but they've been gone way too long! 

The parents missed their kids for heaven's sake! 

Respectively, each parent sat down with their child in their own home and talked with them about their polyamorous relationship. Again, they were accepting of it, but they could help but be curious!

Nancy told her parents "You just spent so much time with Mike that I honestly felt like I was slipping through the cracks. At first, the three of us leaned on each other for support because we were all going through the same thing, but then it developed into more."

Johnathan said to him mom "I felt like Will was becoming more of a priority and Steve saw how much I was struggling and him and Nancy pulled me out. Soon Billy came into the picture and everything just clicked. 

Billy simply said " We support each other."

Steve told his parents everything the others were saying as if it had been rehearsed beforehand. Although he did add "We became our own family and Billy and I took up a sort of responsibility that we are all comfortable with."

They didn't go into too much detail, but at last the parents were satisfied. 

The next day, the quad met up to talk about the happenings. 

Nancy said "My parents really didn't say too much,"

Billy said "My parents didn't say anything"

They all knew how the Harringtons and Joyce reacted.

All they knew was, they can finally breathe and properly enjoy their relationship. 

AN: I'M SORRY THIS IS SUCH A WEAK CHAPTER, BUT I NEEDED TO CONNECT THE LAST CHAPTER TO THE NEXT ONES. I COULDN'T JUST LEAVE THAT WHILE THING HANGING IN THE AIR WITH THE PARENTS FINDING OUT. NEXT CHAPTER WE'LL GET TO THE GOOD STUFF. 

AS ALWAYS, THANK YOU FOR READING!!