How It Happened

I never thought I'd write one of these but I'm becoming trash for this show and it's not even out yet! This first chapter is a lot of background information. This is my first Xreader story so I'm definitely not used to it yet. Enjoy though!

Story Key:
Y/N: Your Name
Y/Nb: your name backwards
F/C: fur color
E/C: eye color
M/C: markings color
FL/C: flame color

You are a shadow wolf demon. You have the power of darkness, the shadows, pain and fear. With a howl, you can cause someone's worst fear to manifest in front of them, with a single snarl, you can make them feel as though they are being whipped repeatedly across their back.
You were extremely dangerous when you were alive....but when you were alive you refused to use your powers to hurt anyone. But because of that, darkness festered and grew within you, and turned into an evil entity. An entity that tortured your mind, made you feel worthless and nothing. They were the manifestation of that little voice in the back of your mind that tells you your no good. Most people can ignore this voice, but it's much harder for you. They know exactly how to harm you, they know what scares you, they know all your insecurities, fears and darkest desires. And they were the reason you were in hell.

Before you died, you had experience so much negative emotion, (Y/NB) had made it so much worse...so much they managed to take control and attack your pack.
You remember being locked away in complete darkness. The void of your mind, with nothing but your insecurities and fears to keep you company. You heard (Y/NB) cackling with glee. What broke your heart was when your pack leader attacked you...or more so (Y/NB).

"YOU CANT STOP ME VERGIL!!" Your alter self cackled "I AM FEAR!! I AM HATRED!! I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE!!"

Your alpha, Vergil, stared into your eyes.
"....(Y/N)...please forgive me for what I am about to do...you have hurt and killed many of your members because of this bastard that takes your body...and I know I'll see you in hell...take care until then my dear pupil..." with that, Vergil attacked, biting hard and crushing your windpipe. (Y/NB) howled and gasped for hair, trying everything to push the old alpha off. But nothing worked. You both gave in. You both died.

For a brief moment, as your soul left your body, you saw Vergil crying over your lifeless form. He was your mentor, your alpha. He took care of you ever since you were just a pup. He taught you everything you knew. From hunting and down to how to scratch that impossible itch on your back. He was practically your father...and now he killed his child.
You knew he didn't do it out of malice...he did it to give you release. To free you. Maybe you'd actually be happier in hell without that parasite.

But you weren't. They had followed you, they were stuck with you. You were two sides of the same person. You were so happy usually, but they were darker. Sure your powers were even stronger here in hell, but so was (Y/NB). You hadn't had many friends to help you keep them at bay. Until...you had met a certain Radio Demon and had gotten particularly close.