On a Leash

It was never easy when Alastor had to leave you on your own. You understood why, your loving radio demon was one of the most powerful demon overlords in all of hell. He had a reputation to keep or else other demons would try and take his territory and title. Alastor couldn't have that.

As much as he also hated it, he had to leave you alone. He kissed your forehead and cupped your cheek.

"Keep smiling my dear, I'll return later this afternoon." Alastor assured with a loving grin.

You nodded, returning his smile. "I will Al...I'll be fine, really."

"I know but..." he sighed "If you need anything, Charlie is here and so are...the other two."

"...You mean Vaggie and Angel?" You asked, keeping down an amused chuckle. Alastor didn't completely enjoy their company. He liked Charlie fine enough because of how positive and cheery she was. But he never enjoyed Vaggie accusing him of things to no end and Angel just annoyed him to ultra death.

"Yes...them." Alastor muttered rolling his eyes. You giggled at him and hugged him, standing on your toes to give him a lick on the nose.

"I'll be okay. You'll only be gone for a few hours." You assured.

"Yes, I know. I just want you to stay happy and strong while I'm gone."

"Will do. Now go on, you got work to do."

Alastor smirked down at you and suddenly blew in your ear, making you flick it repeatedly and shake your head. You huffed but gave him a lick on the cheek. With one final bow, Alastor left you at the hotel.

You watched him leave, waiting until he was out of sight. A sigh escaped your lips and you rubbed your face tiredly.

"He leave you huh?"

"Shut up Y/Nb." You growled. "I don't have the patience for you today."

"Too bad you don't have a choice. It's not my fault your boyfriend left you."

You loudly rolled your eyes and left for your room to relax. But that didn't stop Y/Nb from taunting you from within your mind.

They continued on and on. Saying how your deer demon didn't love you, how he didn't care, how he was sick of you and bored of you and that's exactly why he left. It was getting tiresome hearing their taunts and threats. You sat on the bed, holding your head. You promised Alastor you would remain happy while he was gone...but how?

You blinked when an idea came to you. A song. Singing always helped. But you needed something cheery enough to chase Y/Nb away.

"....Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree"

"....what are you doing...?"

"Merry merry king of the Bush is he"

"What are you doing?! What are you singing?!"

"Laugh! Kookaburra laugh! Kookaburra, gay your life must be!"

"UGHHH THIS IS SO CHILDISH AND STUPID!!!"

But you didn't care. Childish? Sure, but a little silliness went a long way to chase the darkness away.

"Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree!
Merry Merry king of the Bush is he!
Laugh! Kookaburra laugh!
Kookaburra gay your life must be!"

"STOP!!"

"Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree!
Eating all the gum drops he can see!
Stop! Kookaburra stop!
Kookaburra leave some gum for me!"