Fear is a Powerful Thing

"Worm!"

"Shut up!"

"Pathetic sappy fool!"

"I'm not!!"

"Do you actually believe he loves you?! That he cares for someone like you?! You're nothing!!"

"You're wrong! You're wrong! Wrong wrong wrong!!" You were screaming while clutching your head. All while (Y/nb) taunted and insulted you.

"Wrong?! HahahahaHAA! You're even more pathetic than I thought. Perhaps even a little blind. You're with the radio daemon fool! You know what he's done! You know what he's capable of! He wouldn't think twice about having you as his next meal!"

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!" You snapped then, got tears streaming down your face. "HE WOULD NEVER HURT ME!! HE LOVES ME!!"

(Y/Nb) only cackled at that, knowing full well they were really starting to get on your bad side. You also knew that if you weren't careful...you would soon lose control. But (Y/Nb)'s taunts hurt. They always did. They knew exactly how to pull at your heart and break you down.

"Loves you? He's using you!"

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!"

"Y/N!!"

Your eyes shot open, your vision blurry from your desperate crying. But still, you made out the red fluffy hair and practically threw yourself at your lover. Alastor wrapped his arms around you, rubbing your back.

"Shh...shhhhh...it's alright. Its alright darling. I'm here now."

"I...they..." you tried to speak but your crying stopped you. Alastor only hugged you closer.

"They can't hurt you. Not while I'm here."

You nuzzled into his chest, calming down the more he stroked your soft fur. But Y/Nb's words still ate at you. You pulled away to stare into Alastor's eyes.
"...Alastor... you love me right?"

Alastor blinked at you, but his usual grin softened into a loving smile.
"Of course I do. You are my jewel in hell. You are a wonderful, loving and simply gorgeous person. Why would you ever doubt such a thing darling?"

You looked down, almost in shame. You let out a loud sigh and rubbed your face tiredly. "Y/Nb. They...have been taunting me all afternoon. They told me you didn't love me....that you're using me."

The corners of Alastor's mouth twitched at that. He muttered something under his breath before pulling you into his lap. "Y/n. That...parasite exists only to lie and manipulate."

You heard Y/Nb cackle in your mind. "Wow! Just like him! I'm so flattered~!"
You shook it off and hugged Alastor tighter. Sure he wasn't the nicest demon in hell, sure he tortured and killed thousands, even millions, but he was still Alastor. Your Alastor. He loved you, he protected you, and he would never hurt you. If he didn't care...

It was like Alastor read your mind. "My dear, if I didn't love or care for you...we would not be like this right now."

You smiled at that thought. "Forever And always?" You asked then, looking up at him hopefully.

"Always and forever~" he purred and kissed your nose.

You grinned and returned his kiss. You loved these tender moments with Alastor. It made you feel better and helped keep Y/Nb at bay. You suddenly made yourself comfortable against Alastor's chest and started singing softly.

"You are my sunshine
My only sunshine
You make me happy
When skies are grey"

Alastor's smile grew and his eyes softened as he held you closer and joined in.