Chapter 28

Choco's Pov:

"I do care about Pete... but where is my baby? Where is Preston? I hear Rob whispers, and when I turn to look at him, he was looking ta the ground. "Is he alright?"

"Pete did something....Umm... Kelsey, could you see if you could find out what Pete did with Preston?" The ruler asks looking over at Kelsey who was clinging onto Landon.

She just nods and closes her eyes. Letting go of Landon for a moment and starts moving towards Pete. Landon follows closely behind her.

Kelsey opens her eyes and smiles before, she books it to a house on the opposite side where we here hiding. Landon stays. And Pete suddenly stops moving. And looks at us, well Matt.

"Matty? It hurts?" Pete whispers.

"Shh, Princess it will be okay. I can come to hold you, is that okay." 

Pete gives a little nod before his body starts to shake, and scream again. He starts to grab at his head again and Matt runs over to him and sits down and tries to comfort Pete's agonizing pain...

His screams, I am going to start crying soon. I don't know how to help him. None of us do...

Kelsey comes running back towards us with Preston running with her.

Rob was still looking at the ground and didn't notice. But my mood was able to change by seeing him. 

Preston let go of Kelsey's hand and everyone looked at him. He gave a little quiet signal. He started running again and tackled Rob to the ground. Laughing and crying.

Preston's Pov: 

Everything happened so far. Pete managed to heal me, then Kelsey was in front of me laughing... She helped me stand up and took my hand and we ran out behind the house I was hiding behind. We started running. We made it to the group and I made a quick scan from my boyfriend. I found him and he didn't see me yet. I asked everyone to be quiet and I ran, I ran as fast as I could and I tackled Rob to the ground. 

"What the heck?...." He started but as he started to turn around I met his lips with mine and right after I swear both of us started to cry. It was a salty kiss but neither of us pulled away. 

I heard people starting to cheer around us, and I slowly pulled away from the kiss, mainly because I needed to breathe. 

"You are okay... you are real right?" He asks, tears rolling down his face just like I suspected. 

I wipe his tears away on his cheeks before I lean over to kiss both of his cheeks.

"Yes babe, this is real, and I am here. I am not going to be leaving either." I whisper.

He smiles so brightly before pulling me closer to him. hugging me pretty tightly.

I laugh before I wrap my arms around his neck. Well, I try then I remember we were on the ground.

"Robby, would you like to stand up?" I ask him while giggling.

He nods but doesn't let me go. 

"Robby your gonna have to let go so we can stand," I state.

He just groans but lets go of me. I smile and stand up first then help him stand up, and keep a hold of his hand.

That is when everyone crowds around us, full of smiles and laughter. Landon came and tackled me, lucky I was able to stay standing.

"I was so worried."

"Well don't be worried anymore Landon, I'm okay now." I smile. "Where is Pete, he saved me. He is the one that... wait how could he even heal that big of a wound? It doesn't matter I just want to say thank you. I didn't see him or matt when I ran over here, I just realized that...." I stated. and everyone went silent

Everyone parts way, and that is when I start to hear the screaming. I guess I was so zoned in on Rob I didn't notice... Once everyone was out of the way. I saw Pete and Matt on the ground. Pete screaming and crying... his body was moving in every direction... his hands on his head.

I keep a hold of Rob's hand as we run over to them.

"Matt? what..." I try to speak but I started to cry.

Matt looks like he had been crying for a long while. His eyes were starting to turn a red-purple color... Pete looked like he didn't have any control over his magic...

"Preston, first things first. The king has been stoped, but he cast a spell on Pete, a skull-crushing spell. The issue is, Pete is an unknown and has been one forever... Choco, Pete and I are the only ones that knew... and this spell that my brother cast, has a strange effect on unknowns...we don't know how to stop it. " The ruler states, "But I currently have half the village looking for all of the healing magic users."

I manage a nod and try to stop crying but I end up sobbing. Rob wraps his arms around me, trying to comfort me.

If Pete doesn't make it... I don't know how I would be able to handle it... I don't know if I could.