T W E N T Y T H R E E || Not yours

¶¶¶¶

"Your blindness to my downfall has gone too far to be a joke, as I stand ablaze before you and you tell me you smell smoke."

¶¶¶¶

Katherine's Pov

Little female?

Who exactly does this obnoxious, arrogant, stupidly handsome male thinks he is calling me little?

I've killed countless men and women, some double my size and taller than me yet he calls me little female? Clearly, he doesn't know what I'm capable of, the man underestimates me by my height and looks.

Looks can be deceiving

I hit the pillow in frustration before sitting up and roughly blowing the hair out of my face. The door slowly creaked open, I glared at the door waiting to see who dare come in without knocking.

The glare slowly faded as I saw Max enter, he looked around the room before his eyes landed on me.

"K-Katie," His voice was soft, almost a whisper but I heard it.

I smiled softly at the boy before me, he was no longer the small helpless boy I left a few months ago. He grew up a lot in my absence, he looked taller and much healthier.

His long brown hair was cut short, it was now and wavy, he had some more meat and muscles. A small smile was visible on his face as he approached me slowly, his beautiful dimples were on display.

"I've missed you little Max," That was all it took for him to come running towards me with tears streaming down his face.

He jumped on the bed and held me around my waist, squeezing me a little tight but I didn't mind. I let out a breathy chuckle before placing a kiss above his head while I hugged him back, he sobbed onto my shirt.

I played with his beautiful, curly brown hair as he clutched onto my shirt he looked up at me. His beautiful eyes were puffy, tears stained his cheeks and his small lips quivering.

I placed my hands on his cheeks and my thumbs underneath his eyes, wiping away the tears that have fallen.

"You've grown up so much since I've left Max,"

"I've missed you, Kat, every day I'd pray that you'd return or someone would tell me this is all a nightmare and you're not gone. B-but after a few weeks, I realized that you were indeed gone and might never come back."

"Max, I would--" He cut me off

"I thought you left me just like they did," A single tear rolled down my cheek at his words, and he stared at me with glossy eyes.

He brought his hand up and wiped the tear away, I smiled at him and he pinched my cheek.

"Ouch!" He smiled sheepishly at me before telling me, he was just making sure I was real.

I laughed loudly at his comment, I've truly missed this boy. We spoke for a couple of minutes before Amelia joined us, she cried her eyes out and hit me repeatedly on the arm and back of my head. She kept telling me how scared and worried she was, she threatened that if I ever left like that again, she'd kill me.

Truth be told, I believe her

We all spent the next few hours speaking about what happened after I ran away. They explained how they all searched for me day and night, Amelia told her parents that I went on a school trip and they believed her. She told me they never stopped looking for me, especially Max and herself. My heart beamed at this, I've missed them terribly and I couldn't have thought of anything better than right now. Nothing could ruin how happy I was at this moment, I was reconnected with the people I love and adore.